News Intel Rocket Lake Motherboard Preview: ASRock Z590 Steel Legend 6E Wi-Fi

jpe1701

Honorable
I'm still disappointed that we don't get to see a full pcie 4.0 motherboard from intel. I wanted to see how they handled the chipset cooling and if they needed active cooling like x570.

If I had the desire to upgrade to an Intel board, I think I would wait to upgrade until Alder Lake. It should have a lot of differences requiring a new board, like DDR5 and a whole new CPU socket. These 590 boards just seem like a unnecessary replacement, especially if Intel surprises everyone with a desktop Alder Lake processor at the end of the year or early next year.

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
If I had the desire to upgrade to an Intel board, I think I would wait to upgrade until Alder Lake. It should have a lot of differences requiring a new board, like DDR5 and a whole new CPU socket. These 590 boards just seem like a unnecessary replacement, especially if Intel surprises everyone with a desktop Alder Lake processor at the end of the year or early next year.

I totally agree. At this point with the shortage of Zen3 processors and Alder Lake just 6 to 8 months away, it's really hard to argue for an upgrade at the moment unless you really have too. AMD indicated in their earnings that Zen3 demand may not be fully satisfied for 6 months!?!?!?! on their top end processors.