Intel RST error in W10

xaryon

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte's Z77 motherboard, which has a neat mSATA port for an SSD to be used as a cache for one of my drives, and that's why I was trying to do for past couple days. I Have BIOS drive mode set to RAID, Windows is also installed with that setting in mind, the drive is installed and so is the Intel RST software for it. The drive itself is not initialised so it is detected by the software. So far, so good.

I got it set up to the point that all my glorious 24GB are being detected, I choose a drive to be boosted (my games library one) aaaaaaand... error 0x005004e occurs.

I tried reinstalling the software, setting it up in safe mode, but still the drive doesn't want to be used as a cache for a specific drive... Any ideas?

Solution
OK, the solution was simpler than I thought - the newest RST driver was causing the problem - the solution in my case was to download an older, 14.8, one. 

xaryon

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2013
OK, the solution was simpler than I thought - the newest RST driver was causing the problem - the solution in my case was to download an older, 14.8, one. 

Solution

TRENDING THREADS