[SOLVED] Intel se7320ep2 Wont Power on

Yan V_1981

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
Hello everyone I need your help.
Here's the situation. An old server quite on us. I was able to get a replacement motherboard and moved over all the components. The pc powered on and sounded like began to post and spit out a 3 beep post code indicating bad ram. I turned off the pc and tried again to boot and make sure the code i got was correct and nothing. Just like the original board no power on. Power led is on, I tested the original power supply and just in cast replaced it with a known working one and nothing. Wont power on to. Tried clearing the cmos with the jumper pins, purchased new ram, nothing. Moved ram around into different slots and still nothing. Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Intel server se7320ep2 I replaced ram with the exact same brand and capacity. No bent pins anywhere. Even replaced cmos battery.

Solution
It was running some kind of lab server software, and there's 10yrs worth of data that was last backed up in 2016 according to the owner. We sent the company that originally set up this server to retrieve the data but they said they can't get anything off the hard drives or something to that extant. I tested the hard drives and they seem to be fine when connected via usb but it's partitioned in a way I'm not familiar with. Our goal is get it running to copy the data to move to a new server that already has been built.
Believe me I know it's an ancient board. It was only running one processor with Two sata HDD not sure if they ware in a raid or not as the tech support from the OEM company couldn't really help.
Have you tried...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello everyone I need your help.
Here's the situation. An old server quite on us. I was able to get a replacement motherboard and moved over all the components. The pc powered on and sounded like began to post and spit out a 3 beep post code indicating bad ram. I turned off the pc and tried again to boot and make sure the code i got was correct and nothing. Just like the original board no power on. Power led is on, I tested the original power supply and just in cast replaced it with a known working one and nothing. Wont power on to. Tried clearing the cmos with the jumper pins, purchased new ram, nothing. Moved ram around into different slots and still nothing. Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Intel server se7320ep2 I replaced ram with the exact same brand and capacity. No bent pins anywhere. Even replaced cmos battery.
If you have both sockets filled, start by trying to get it to boot with a single CPU. That is a REALLY old motherboard -- DDR2.
Are you keeping that server because you HAVE TO HAVE a PCI-X slot? I can't think of another reason to keep it. An iPhone would probably out perform it.

Yan V_1981

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
If you have both sockets filled, start by trying to get it to boot with a single CPU. That is a REALLY old motherboard -- DDR2.
Are you keeping that server because you HAVE TO HAVE a PCI-X slot? I can't think of another reason to keep it. An iPhone would probably out perform it.
It was running some kind of lab server software, and there's 10yrs worth of data that was last backed up in 2016 according to the owner. We sent the company that originally set up this server to retrieve the data but they said they can't get anything off the hard drives or something to that extant. I tested the hard drives and they seem to be fine when connected via usb but it's partitioned in a way I'm not familiar with. Our goal is get it running to copy the data to move to a new server that already has been built.
Believe me I know it's an ancient board. It was only running one processor with Two sata HDD not sure if they ware in a raid or not as the tech support from the OEM company couldn't really help.

kanewolf

Titan
Have you tried connecting to the IPMI port ? It has an independent processor. Might see something.

Truly, you can't feel sorry for a system that was "last backed up in 2016" losing data.
Personally, I wouldn't hook up the original drives until you have booted a Linux CD and checked out as much as possible.
I would also get a clone of the original drives created to some other media ASAP.

Solution