Dec 7, 2018
Hello,

I'm mounting a server with the following components:

2600STB MB,
2x LGA3647 BX806735120 5120 Processor,
2x BXSTS300C thermal solution ,
6x KSM24RD4/32HAI RAM
750W Corsair PSU

Every time I tried to turn on the server I get an 1-5-2-1 beep error, which referes to a problem with the processor: "CPU socket population error CPU1 socket is empty, or sockets are populated incorrectly. CPU1 must be populated before CPU2". I have tried switching the processors, using only CPU1 socket, and still nothing.

Any idea in how to solve this or what could it be?

Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
There are two 8 pin. One by the front edge of the board and one by the back corner. In addition there is a 4 pin 12V plug next to the 24pin. I don't know what the "Aux power-in" does, (my guess is PCIe slot power) and it isn't obvious to me if it is optional ...

Dec 7, 2018
So, I'm plugging the power cables in the connectors marked.

https://imgur.com/a/j9ENK32

I read in the manual the following regarding the AUX Power in:

10.1.3 Supplemental 12-V Power-In Connector
By default, the server board can provide up to 180 W of total power to the six PCIe* add-in card slots. To
support power requirements above this limit, the server board includes one white 2x2-pin power-in
connector that can be used to deliver up to 216 W of additional power to the server board. In an Intel
chassis, this connector is cabled to a matching 2x2 connector on a power distribution board. A power budget
for the complete system should be performed to determine how much supplemental power is available to
support any high power add-in cards.

TRENDING THREADS