Intel Set To Introduce Mobile Quad-core Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Another useless product from Intel... Instead of focusing on increasing Atom's performance and reduce cpu powerconsumption for notebooks....

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
I think a mobile nehalem (Core i7) would be the better choice to introduce the Quad core CPU for laptops, maby even during the move to 32nm to keep power consumption low.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... i think that's only useful [if/or ever] when used with SSD's... because the slowest part in tha laptop iz tha HDD... so it would be interesting to see, that some manufacturers makes a laptop with quad and 5400 RPM HDD... :D

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Another useless product from Intel... Instead of focusing on increasing Atom's performance and reduce cpu powerconsumption for notebooks....[/citation]

Atom is not meant for what you just stated. UMPC and lower = Atom. This is clearly enthusiast market.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Not all laptop users care about battery life - some use them more as a portable desktop. Quad cores combined with virtualization makes for a great mobile development workstation (which has the added advantage of writing off the premium cost as a work expense).

Status
Not open for further replies.