Intel Shows Off Insanely Overclocked And Aircooled Nehalem - But We Can't Tell Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

yeah it makes sense... make a ton of cheap processors... then sell a lot so that they make a lot of money out of it...

the more expensive ones are for those who want or need warranties... such as businesses

androticus

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
This is TOTALLY bogus -- they are not even saying what speed it is running at, yet want us to believe it is overclocked even?

*If* they are currently very successful with the clock speed, but want to keep that under wraps, then they should just clock these demo systems at "nice" but not stellar speeds -- basically what people expect (say, >2.5 GHz) -- if, as they claim, the memory etc. is so much better, then the systems should perform very sweetly.

HOWEVER, if they are having major issues with clock speed, then they might be trying to hide that fact.

Either way, I am very suspicious...

greenmachineiijh

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2005
Not suspicious at all. If your clock speed out of the box crushed your current prodicts and your competitions and then overclocked beyond anything currently available , then you would not want that out until it was ready. Some are just mad they do not get the info they want right away. I know it will be good, I just can't say why i know...

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
This is what they do

Underclock their most power CPU, then, they clock it to its original clock, and higher, making it seem like one MASSIVE overclock, amazing people.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
greenmachineiijh is right.. I dont know why anyone would be suspicious.. They definitely dont want to kill sales of current cpus. Also, there current cpus overclock pretty damn well; I dont see why their new cpus would be any worse.. Now if AMD came out with this same statement, then I would probably be suspicious, given their previous issues in that arena.

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
its good thing to take out noise of storage with SSD & procFans arn't that noisy for all good do. 4 gb is twice this units. Its really Power Supply Unit thats Now Source of Most Noise, except recording Artists, of course.Looks Like Intel gets ready for 200 gb/s bandwidth in MELLOW Way.

Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS