Intel skull canyon nuc

Carl Patrick

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
Hey, I was just wondering if the Intel skull canyon is a good value computer for low demand games e.g team fortress 2. But I'm talking mainly about value for your money. Thanks.

Solution

You are paying extra for the small NUC form factor. Cheapest value PC is an I5 refurb from a major maker, then you add a video card. You can get a gaming PC that way for less than part cost. You need 'manufacturer' refurb which is a sales channel open box return, not a used pc that was cleaned by a refurbisher.

Most people here will assemble their own PC, part cost plus windows cost puts you in the $400 range for entry, $600 gives a strong gaming PC at 1080P.

If you only play mild games also consider a "Black Friday" special laptop. You can get...

satchdog123

Reputable
Oct 31, 2016

I see its around the 600$ price range. Is that your max budget? Because I believe I can find you a better pc for that price. Let me know your price range if you dont mind.

You are paying extra for the small NUC form factor. Cheapest value PC is an I5 refurb from a major maker, then you add a video card. You can get a gaming PC that way for less than part cost. You need 'manufacturer' refurb which is a sales channel open box return, not a used pc that was cleaned by a refurbisher.

Most people here will assemble their own PC, part cost plus windows cost puts you in the $400 range for entry, $600 gives a strong gaming PC at 1080P.

If you only play mild games also consider a "Black Friday" special laptop. You can get new i3 based laptop for $350.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS