Intel SSDs Double in Price on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Hmmm, interesting. That's all I can say because neither Toms, Intel or Me have a friggin clue as to what is going on. I guess it really doesn't matter anyway, I cant afford that crap in the first place. FIRST!

G

It happens to all etailers over time. They start small, gain a following with great prices and service, get big and greedy, and start screwing around with prices. A wonderful opportunity for some other company to start this cycle over again will be presented very soon.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
[citation][nom]JessL[/nom]It happens to all etailers over time. They start small, gain a following with great prices and service, get big and greedy, and start screwing around with prices. A wonderful opportunity for some other company to start this cycle over again will be presented very soon.[/citation]

I think you are speaking too soon. Let's wait and see what happens. Hope this isn't the new Newegg :(

nun

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
[citation][nom]JessL[/nom]It happens to all etailers over time. They start small, gain a following with great prices and service, get big and greedy, and start screwing around with prices. A wonderful opportunity for some other company to start this cycle over again will be presented very soon.[/citation]
but not when tom's here to catch them in the act if there is an act?

verrul

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
they do have inventory flux pricing been a victim of it in the past. Now i learn to wait out the rush on parts

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Use your brain. Newegg has a stock tracking software that will auto adjust price based on recent purchase and available stock.

Someone might have just bought eight drives at once and cause stock to drop to single digit. The program thought Intel SSD is in super demand and auto adjusted the price through the roof until a technician realized this and take the item offline.

daship

Distinguished
They get them in and there gone in minutes, so they figure they can get more$$$. Guess I'll be buying mine elsewhere.

Ive had em on auto notify, and when I get email, I check and there gone. Supposed to be more tomorrow.

G

Sanctioned theft.. right. Because you own those SSDs at the price you think they should be, and any increase over that price is "theft". Stunningly logical.

nun

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
[citation][nom]Ryan99287834[/nom]Saw this here yesterday night...http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7706[/citation]
good find +1

G

More power to the idiots that bought these drives at these ridiculous prices (unless, of course, they have enough money to literally burn)... 320GB SSDs which will smoke the current crop of Intel drives in terms of performance are only months away... which means, if you just wait a while longer, you'll either get much more for your money, or get these same drives for much less.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I noticed this a couple days ago as well... Newegg is great when it's great but it certainly pisses me off when they have drastic price changes on certain products. This isn't the first time, but this is the first time I've seen it done to this magnitude.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JofaMang[/nom]Supply and Demand is a euphemism for sanctioned theft.[/citation]
I thought the same as well.

Now thats a profit margin! But if they are going to be selling out in hours anyway why shouldnt they raise the price? If they stop selling like hot cakes im sure the prices will normalize down to what we expect.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I'm quite happy about this... (of course not about higher prices) but at the amount of demand that is going on. the demand is shooting up, intel ramps up production. floods markets... prices go down even further then msrp. then we get reasonable prices for ssd....

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Newegg is the best in the business, but you still have to use your brain. If you're paying MSRP for anything on the internet then you're probably paying too much.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
$599 up from $220......holy shit! Thats going from almost affordable to a mortgage payment.

And here I was hoping to get one for $175ish during the after Christmas sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.