News Intel Teases Comet Lake-H, Ghost Canyon NUCs, and Tiger Lake Processors

That's "NUC" is huge. I'd rather build a ryzen mini ITX PC with the 3700x 65wtdp processor. There are some really small cases out there in mini ITX. In all likelyhood, this NUC may not keep a multicore boost much higher than the 3700x anyways (like 200-300mhz).

That's "NUC" is huge. I'd rather build a ryzen mini ITX PC with the 3700x 65wtdp processor. There are some really small cases out there in mini ITX. In all likelyhood, this NUC may not keep a multicore boost much higher than the 3700x anyways (like 200-300mhz).

Most mITX cases are still much larger than this and this is a NUC designed with the idea of being able to have a full sized dGPU in it.

Most mITX cases are still much larger than this and this is a NUC designed with the idea of being able to have a full sized dGPU in it.

Looks about the same size as a DANcase A4 which is 8 x 12 x 4.5 inches.

If you're on a budget, you can get a Cougar QBX which is 10 x 15 x 7 inches which is a little bigger and thicker than this, but still perfectly at home next to your TV or uncluttered desktop.

The Ryzen 4000 APU on 7nm will have an 8 core 16 thread variant, supposedly, paired with a vega GPU with more CU's. I'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to this NUC but in a smaller package without a dGPU.

If you're on a budget, you can get a Cougar QBX which is 10 x 15 x 7 inches which is a little bigger and thicker than this, but still perfectly at home next to your TV or uncluttered desktop.

The Ryzen 4000 APU on 7nm will have an 8 core 16 thread variant, supposedly, paired with a vega GPU with more CU's. I'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to this NUC but in a smaller package without a dGPU.

That a SFX case though not mITX. SFW is smaller but also more limited.

It will be interesting if AMD ever comes out to compete with Intels NUCs. I like them personally. I built my grandmother a NUC based PC that was no larger than a can on soda and mounted it to the back of a monitor making it a nice little AiO style PC.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014

The NUC is slighty under 5.0L. The DAN case is slightly over 7.5L. That might not not seem like a big difference if you're coming from a 60-liter ATX tower, but besides the Dan A4 being 50% larger than the NUC, a volume difference of 2.5L is a huge in the realm of small form-factor chassis.

Last edited: