News Intel Terminates 11th Gen Tiger Lake CPUs, 500-Series Mobile Chipsets

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Adios! to the LAST official family from Intel to support AVX-512 instruction set. I hope they bring this back in future client processors !
You took the words out of my mouth. Anyone who wants or needs it will either have to pay $$$$ for Xeon W or go with Zen 4.

Tiger Lake was pretty much everything Ice Lake should've been. Had it come along in 2019, it would've really dampened Zen 2's penetration of the laptop market.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
You took the words out of my mouth. Anyone who wants or needs it will either have to pay $$$$ for Xeon W or go with Zen 4.

Tiger Lake was pretty much everything Ice Lake should've been. Had it come along in 2019, it would've really dampened Zen 2's penetration of the laptop market.

Yeah, indeed. They would have captured a lot of laptop market share had intel not overlooked to this lineup of processors.

Also, the slightly refined Willow Cove architecture did offer some nice gains in the efficiency and performance department. The 10nm++ process which was also categorized under the "SF" or SuperFIN branding also had much better yields, allowing for more powerful variants such as the Tiger Lake-H and Tiger Lake-B series to appear, at least at that time.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Also, the slightly refined Willow Cove architecture did offer some nice gains in the efficiency and performance department. The 10nm++ process which was also categorized under the "SF" or SuperFIN branding also had much better yields, allowing for more powerful variants such as the Tiger Lake-H and Tiger Lake-B series to appear, at least at that time.
It seems like the main gains in performance were mainly due to 10nm SF clocking higher. The improvement in yield allowed for an 8-core HX variant, unlike Ice Lake. Their NUC Extreme featured this model, showcasing the kind of performance it could deliver in a 65 W power budget.

Tiger Lake was also the first to feature Xe, which it did at up to 96 EU.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Reactions: bit_user