Question Amd ryzen 5950x building new pc review comment please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
Budget £3000
I want a ufo.
Special needs in after effects render and preview speed.
I have my own ssds and 2080ti

I need just the PC without gpu.
Please tell me best PC for render I want ufo fast

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
When applying cooler the cooler has paste on it already so can I apply more paste from a different brand that is good.

Do I just add paste in the center only.

Why not spread it all over what happens to the exposed area they must get heated up a lot.

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
When applying cooler the cooler has paste on it already so can I apply more paste from a different brand that is good.

Do I just add paste in the center only.

Why not spread it all over what happens to the exposed area they must get heated up a lot.
Hello!
The pre-applied thermal paste should be decent enough, but if you want to be sure and you have a better thermal paste it's a better idea to wipe off the pre-applied thermal paste and then apply your thermal paste. Too much thermal paste can cause some issues, so it's not a good idea.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You've started a ludicrous nine threads by my count for this single build. Please do not start a new thread for every single tangentially related thing about this build. These have been merged into one single thread for your build. You're going to have to decide if you'd prefer to have one thread about this build or none.

Reactions: DMAN999
Status
Not open for further replies.