[SOLVED] Intel Turbo boost technology (i7-9700KF)

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Hi guys,
please how works Intel Turbo boost technology?I play Guild wars 2, and i think this game love one core performace...How works Intel Turbo boost technology? I need only improve 1-2-3 max 4 cores.

Turbo ratio (1 core active¨) 49
Turbo ratio (2 core active¨) 48
Turbo ratio (3 core active¨)48...

Regards

Solution
Most of today's games will invoke use of all cores, so , you should see 4600 MHz across all cores if there are no BIOS power limits are limits imposed in time of max boost, etc...

What you should NOT expect to see is 4900 MHz on two cores, and the remainder at 4.6 GHz...

If you mainboard is a Z390, and supports MCE within the BIOS, and you have good cooling, and power limits/budgets removed, you can experiment with specifying higher all core clock speeds 100 MHz at a a time until temps are too high for your comfort. (Proceed at your own risk, and, realize that 5 GHz on all cores is often out of reach, and, even if attainable, usually resorts in a pittance increase of 1- 2 fps higher frame rates in most games over lower clock speeds.
Most of today's games will invoke use of all cores, so , you should see 4600 MHz across all cores if there are no BIOS power limits are limits imposed in time of max boost, etc...

What you should NOT expect to see is 4900 MHz on two cores, and the remainder at 4.6 GHz...

If you mainboard is a Z390, and supports MCE within the BIOS, and you have good cooling, and power limits/budgets removed, you can experiment with specifying higher all core clock speeds 100 MHz at a a time until temps are too high for your comfort. (Proceed at your own risk, and, realize that 5 GHz on all cores is often out of reach, and, even if attainable, usually resorts in a pittance increase of 1- 2 fps higher frame rates in most games over lower clock speeds.

Solution

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020

Hi, thank you for your answe. Can i have another question?
i want push this CPU on the higher voltage, is this OK? (Loaded default Bios+ enabled XMP+change to 48 - cpu clock ratio.

I think the maximum on the Core Vids are spikes? It is problem? Average voltage is good, right?

https://ibb.co/nwC62Y5