[SOLVED] Intel uhd 630 no 60 hz on displayport 1.4

araset

Prominent
Jan 29, 2022
Hi I am new here and would be very grateful for some help.
I have Intel i3 10105 processor with uhd 630,
asrock b460m steel legend motherboard:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B460M Steel Legend/index.pl.asp#Overview
with displayport 1.4 port,
digitus displayport hdmi converter:
unitek 2.0b hdmi cable with certificate:
https://www.unitek-products.com/products/hdmi2-0-premium-certificated-cable
windows 10 64 bit and sony xf9005 tv.
I have also connected nvidia gtx 1060. The highest framerate I can set on intel 630 graphics is 30 hz. I have installed graphic drivers from asrock website;
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B460M Steel Legend/index.pl.asp#Download
And application says that this is the most current driver. I should be able to set 4k 60hz but I can't. On nvidia I can set 60 hz but I need intel graphic to play ultra hd bluray disc. Thanks for every help.

Solution
still no signal on displayport. What could have happened?

It is a possibility that DP port on your MoBo has died. Other than that, i don't know what could be wrong with it.

Now, your adapter/converter works, since it displays the image. But the question is, will it work @ 60 Hz as advertised or will it work only @ 30 Hz, which you're getting.
To test that, hook your monitor to your GPU and try getting 60 Hz @ 4K, since your GPU isn't that borderline in terms of reso and frequency support as your iGPU is.

Also, why use iGPU when you have dedicated GPU?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I have also connected nvidia gtx 1060. The highest framerate I can set on intel 630 graphics is 30 hz.

UHD 630 isn't powerful enough to do 60 Hz @ 4K. Heck, even your GTX 1060 may not be powerful enough for 60 Hz @ 4K.

I need intel graphic to play ultra hd bluray disc.

Where is that stated?

Btw, if you have Blu-Ray player but Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc, then you can't play Ultra HD content. For that, you also need Ultra HD Player.

A Blu-ray Disc player can play Blu-ray Discs, DVDs. and CDs, but will not be able to play a 4K Ultra HD Disc.
An Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc player can play 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs, Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, and CDs.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Yes it can
Max Resolution (DP)‡ 4096 x 2304@60Hz

Besides that, there is also stated:
Max Resolution (DP) is the maximum resolution supported by the processor via the DP interface (24bits per pixel & 60Hz). System or device display resolution is dependent on multiple system design factors; actual resolution may be lower on your system.

Also, checked your TV specs and it only has HDMI input ports. I didn't see DP port on your TV specs.
Specs: https://www.sony.ee/electronics/televisions/xf9005-series/specifications

With HDMI, max what UHD 630 can do is 30 Hz @ 4K.

Edit:
With your setup, you're using converter, from DP to HDMI. <- This is a problem since we can't tell where the issue exactly lies.
If you'd have monitor with DP input port and you hook it up to your MoBo, by using UHD 630 and still getting 30 Hz @ 4K, instead of 60 Hz, then we could look into why it is so. However, since you use adapter, it's anyone's guess if the adapter is even working right. Might as well be marketing claim of 60 Hz, while in reality, it can only do 30 Hz.

araset

Prominent
Jan 29, 2022
I have tried with only integrated card and displayport isn't working- no signal. Hdmi on motherboard is ok. I have plug my gtx 1060 again and it is working with displayport converter so converter is fine. I have cleared cmos by removing battery and this doesn't helped still no signal on displayport. What could have happened?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
still no signal on displayport. What could have happened?

It is a possibility that DP port on your MoBo has died. Other than that, i don't know what could be wrong with it.

Now, your adapter/converter works, since it displays the image. But the question is, will it work @ 60 Hz as advertised or will it work only @ 30 Hz, which you're getting.
To test that, hook your monitor to your GPU and try getting 60 Hz @ 4K, since your GPU isn't that borderline in terms of reso and frequency support as your iGPU is.

Also, why use iGPU when you have dedicated GPU?

Solution

araset

Prominent
Jan 29, 2022
I have sent my mobo to rma. I need my iGPU to play ultra hd bluray discs on powerdvd.

[Ultra HD Blu-ray]
Intel 7th~10th generation (Kaby Lake~Comet Lake) Core i processors integrated with Intel HD Graphics 630, Intel Iris™ Graphics 640.

Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26198
I have connected converter to gtx 1060 and it only support framerate up to 30 hz. I have read and will buy club 3d converter which is vesa certified.

Reactions: Aeacus