Question Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mac Mini 2018) to run dual 4K Monitors?

Apr 21, 2019
Hi guys.

New to the forum (although I have routinely visited to find answers to my questions), so any pointers as to proper etiquette or post formatting are both welcomed and appreciated.

I'm considering picking up a Mac Mini (2018) in the near future to act as my desktop computer for web browsing and web development work (no hardware-intensive IDEs, just Visual Studio Code).

As part of this workstation refresh, I've also got my eye on a couple of Samsung 4K Monitors to go with it.

So my question is, does the iGPU which comes in the Mac Mini (Intel UHD Graphics 630) adequately support dual 4K Monitors? And by adequately, I mean without stuttering during 4K video streaming from sites such as YouTube. If not, would it likely perform to this standard with one 4K monitor and a secondary 1440p monitor?

Many thanks in advance!

Apr 21, 2019
I did encounter this video while trying to research the answer for myself. To be honest, it looks choppy to me but I'm not sure if I'm just willing it to be choppy because that's what I'm looking out for. What do you think??

If so, do you think it's just a limitation of the iGPU or is there a sound workaround?