Intel Ultrabook 'Bounces' Ball Using Accerlerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
The accelerometer can surely be used to count 'bounces' of the computer.
So you can go joging with you notebook under your arm and when you return it can tell you how many bounces (steps) you joged. Combine this with the distance info from the -hopefully built in- GPS system and the computer can instantly calculate your average stride length.

So much for another useless use of the accelerometer in that $1000 piece of hardware :)

Or you can drive with it, parked on the passenger seat, over a cobblestone road while you test drive various models from your local dealers. You can then let the computer calculate which car gave you the smoothest ride. But we than take the one with the biggest engine and the meanest exhaust sound anyway. :)

G

Hi folks, I am a PR manager at Intel. To put this in context, the video was created by one of our engineers to illustrate a blog post for developers about designing applications to take advantage of the sensors in Ultrabook™ devices (you can read the post here http://software.intel.com/node/330022). He used a simple game to illustrate the point. The ball is now in the developers' court. :)
Paul McKeon

[citation][nom]Paul McKeon[/nom]Hi folks, I am a PR manager at Intel. To put this in context, the video was created by one of our engineers to illustrate a blog post for developers about designing applications to take advantage of the sensors in Ultrabook™ devices (you can read the post here http://software.intel.com/node/330022). He used a simple game to illustrate the point. The ball is now in the developers' court. :)Paul McKeon[/citation]
Why the roof? The accelerometer does not function indoors?
Next time make this type of video in a better location. I could not pay attention with the birds noises in the background.

[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]Why the roof? The accelerometer does not function indoors?Next time make this type of video in a better location. I could not pay attention with the birds noises in the background.[/citation]
the problem here is that they were having a huge party inside the building... which would have been much more distracting. Nerd parties can get pretty wild

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
He forgot to say "Please, come again"

I think that any net/note-book must be on a safe place... sorry but no accelerometer games for those computers.

What they can do, is, certainly detect your mood, see, if you get a BSOD and you hit the table, the accelerometer can sense that and reset your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.