News Intel: Unvaccinated Workers May Be Put on Unpaid Leave

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
They should. Then, once the covid passport ensures good health, their facilities will still have cases and infections. For example, how did Omicron get across the world? Vaccinated people.

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
I seem to recall it is already established that an employer can make that call and it is not unconstitutional, separate from any federal mandates that are in current court battles.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Intel should add an exception for people who have gotten and beaten covid through natural means. Natural immunity is something that seems to get lost in discussions about how to beat the virus.

Also probably a good time to look into flu protocols. An employee at my work recently showed up hacking up a lung and going through tissues like crazy. Their covid test was negative so management decided there was nothing they could do. Protocols exist for sending people with covid home, but no such mechanisms work for people with the flu. Now other people are getting sick with flu symptoms. I'm just glad I sit on the other side of the floor from those people.