Intel Unveils Next-Gen Atom Pinetrail Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
I would have expected 32nm at this stage, maybe then they could put a real GPU in it! are they coming soon? Am I the only one who would pay more for the most awesomeness for the smallest form factor/power usage? like an ultra portable rather than a cheap netbook.

G

Hey, anyone noticed they said "in 1 chip"(they actually meant on die), instead of the memory controller on die, while the graphics core was on chip?

In other words, the newer Atom processors will be close to a SOC that intel is trying to push for cellphones.!

G

Combine this with Larrafail, and Intel Corp. is really on a winning streak lately

(or, they're back to selling very incremental "netburst-like" performance increases at high-dollar prices).

I'll take a Sempron underclocked to 1ghz instead, please...

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]little-ninja-man[/nom]i have to ask why do so many people say can it play crysis because I find that GTA IV needs more power than crysis[/citation]

Not necessarily, GTA IV is incredibly CPU limited. Bottle-necks like crazy.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]volks1470[/nom]Not necessarily, GTA IV is incredibly CPU limited. Bottle-necks like crazy.[/citation]

really? surely an i7 would be able to handle it comfortably, otherwise its def shit coding.

[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]really? surely an i7 would be able to handle it comfortably, otherwise its def shit coding.[/citation]
You guy's haven't seen the benchs for ATMA2 have you?
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,687620/ArmA-2-tested-Benchmarks-with-18-CPUs/Practice/
Look at the first graph and look at the resolution and then the FPS for the i7 920 @3.5Ghz.

G

I laughed when she said "into *new* form factors" and showed an all in one design. Guess what Apple already has had for the last 5 years?

G

[citation][nom]Triapse[/nom]I laughed when she said "into *new* form factors" and showed an all in one design. Guess what Apple already has had for the last 5 years?[/citation]
Nothing!
In fact,I don't even know if it has any at all laptop at 10" for under $1000!

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I feel a bit underwhelmed by this, I was hoping for a bit longer battery life.

So if we take their stated 20% improvement on say, a 6 hour netbook, the battery life increases by 1.2 hours. Since they also included the term "average power" you could probably expect a realistic hour or less improvement in the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.