Intel USB 3.0 Driver Will Not Install

Msi_Junu

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
Every time I log into my pc it keep saying run but never initiates anything. This is from a fresh clean OS. All other drivers install fine like, chipset, lan and audio. Wondering why it would do that. I downloaded it from MSI website. Maybe I should install it after installing everything else first like windows updates and antivirus. If you guys out there have any suggestions on this matter I would appreciate it. TNX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Do Not install from USB but copy it to your system as well as with all the other drivers. Better do it that way but for USB - DO NOT INSTALL FROM USB - It very well will be a bad installation and wont run properly. When you read the readme file of the USB driver you have installed it says the same thing. DO NOT INSTALL FROM USB

I think for other drivers its fine from where you install it but since you have to copy the usb driver might as well do the others as well.

Solution
What are your PC specs? What OS? I would install it before antivirus and updates but after the chipset driver. Have you checked windows update to see if it is trying to install the missing driver?

Msi_Junu

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014

I always install chipset first. Then lan, usb, audio and finally graphics driver. After that I would do windows update and antivirus after that. They would all install fine but usb keeps showing up with run after each restart......and well runs off somewhere:??: I have windows 7 64bit. I also checked Device manager for any further driver updates and everythings updated. I'm just wondering since its a clean install maybe it needs some windows updates first before it can fully process the usb installation or something.....Anyways sry if I'm not clear here. I'm just tired and I will get you those specs tonight just really tired. tnx

Msi_Junu

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
I am thinking of not not installing recommended updates just important. If I remember correctly my pc used to run a lot better without those recommended updates. I know it installs drivers and all but maybe its better to do it manually. Anyways my pc is still fresh and haven't done anything to it yet. I am actually having problems with video hardware errors too ( BCCode a ) and my pc would turn off randomly ( BSOD ). That's why I'm reinstalling windows and thinking that I'm not installing drivers properly ( user error ). Checked cabling and reseated graphics card and memory. It won't have any problems with turning off till I install graphics driver. I remember when doing my first initial install of W7 with the said order in comment 2 everything installed fine my pc ran fine for 2 to 3 months before going ahead and installing recommended updates ( it could also be graphics driver updates though ). So now I have these BSOD's and as an added bonus my usb is hidding somwhere won't do the run. Ugh....So some thoughts here and any suggestion you have :)
PC specs:
MSI Z87 G45 - MB
MSI GTX 780Ti 3gb
Intel I5 4670k
Corsair Vengeance 8gb 2 x 4 1600
Crucial 120gb SSD
Corsair cx750m PSU

Msi_Junu

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
Its GTX 780Ti. Yes I was actually going to contact them about a driver they have called Intel Management Service Driver or something like that for the MB and the installation also includes a Hotfix!! Recently I was at microsoft website and they had a hotfix also for a BCCode a wish is related to my video harware error I hope. Yes I will contact them and hopefully I'm able to fix this issue unless my psu is bad and I hope to god its not my gpu because that thing works fine and isn't overheating and is quiet although there is some coil whine in certain games. tnx you just reminded me ;)

Update: Coil whine wasn't from gpu but psu and don't sound like coil whine anymore but something strange

Msi_Junu

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
I have installed USB fine now. I just installed an earlier version and it worked. Still have those BSOD's though. Everything went fine with installations and restarts and no BSOD's until I installed norton 360 and although norton didn't prompt me to restart I did go ahead and did it anyway but right after i left bios ( not changing anything ) just before login I get a BSOD. Oh well. I am still looking into the matter.

Msi_Junu

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
Do Not install from USB but copy it to your system as well as with all the other drivers. Better do it that way but for USB - DO NOT INSTALL FROM USB - It very well will be a bad installation and wont run properly. When you read the readme file of the USB driver you have installed it says the same thing. DO NOT INSTALL FROM USB

I think for other drivers its fine from where you install it but since you have to copy the usb driver might as well do the others as well.