Intel vs amd cpu! Under 17k rupee (250$)

ekjyot sandhu

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
Hey guys,
First of all thx in advance!

And secondly my question is kind of complicated (it isnt really).

I m about to built a pc under 60k.
I have decided all the specs except the CPU, i mean am confused between amd and intel.
AMD gives alot of cores for low price but Intel gives just 4 cores on his i5 but its asks for more money,why?
I just wanna know that more cores means more performance? If yes, how?
And so, is intel i5 better for gaming? And can anyone chose a cpu for me under 17k?

THX GUYS!! Appreciated! Fo sho!! Just help a little noob here!!

Solution
AMD FX series:
FX-4xxx = 2 dual core modules
FX-6xxx = 3 dual core modules
FX-83xx = 4 dual core modules
Dual core packages share ALUs between the cores, when the second core is tasked with something, the ALU has to re-route data, this slows it down. So on long tasks the cores are great. On quick random data processing, they aren't the best.
FX-6300 and FX-83xx chips use between 95 and 125W. The 9000 series pushes this over 200W.
The chipsets these chips plug into are getting dated. They don't offer many, if any, of the recent I/O advancements.
Overclocking is available on all motherboards though.

Intel Core:
i3 = dual core with Hyperthreading 2-4MB cache
i5 = quad core 6MB cache
i7 = quad core with Hyperthreading 8MB...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
AMD FX series:
FX-4xxx = 2 dual core modules
FX-6xxx = 3 dual core modules
FX-83xx = 4 dual core modules
Dual core packages share ALUs between the cores, when the second core is tasked with something, the ALU has to re-route data, this slows it down. So on long tasks the cores are great. On quick random data processing, they aren't the best.
FX-6300 and FX-83xx chips use between 95 and 125W. The 9000 series pushes this over 200W.
The chipsets these chips plug into are getting dated. They don't offer many, if any, of the recent I/O advancements.
Overclocking is available on all motherboards though.

Intel Core:
i3 = dual core with Hyperthreading 2-4MB cache
i5 = quad core 6MB cache
i7 = quad core with Hyperthreading 8MB cache
Intel consumer CPUs are between 54W and 91W at the top end.
The CPU cores are faster then AMDs by a large margin. Games generally only use 1 primary thread that runs on a single core, then offload other tasks to other cores. Greater core performance is more important to games than many cores.
Motherboards are more expensive, particularly if you want to overclock. They do offer the latest I/O and many new standards.

Basically a mid-range Intel chip easily competes with the high end FX processors. For games even an i3 will generally be better, though this is slowly shifting and the 4 true cores of the i5 are always better.

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Small correction: 1 module shares an FPU (floating point unit) among 2 cores, not an ALU (arithmetic logic unit). I don't think either has an effect on short/long task performance. It basically just means that when performing floating point operations, the number of cores is essentially halved.