Intel: We Were Hacked Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn.... now the Chinease can build a copy of Nehalem II
/sarcasm

At any rate, it's amazing how many companies/websites get attacked by crackers (There IS a difference between hackers and crackers. Too bad the media has corrupted the original meaning of "hacker" ).

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Working on the network security team for any large organization, university, etc. will reveal just how many attacks there really are against networks worldwide. There are potentially 100's of thousands of attacks daily. The majority of them are the routine attacks like port scanning and vulnerability testing that are carried out by infected bots/machines all over the world. When there is a targeted attack like the one on google and other big companies they usually hit several large companies at the same time and the attacks rarely go unnoticed. The attack is followed by the standard reactionary period where the company tries to cut off the current attack, prevent the compromise of other computers on the network, patch network holes, remove infected/compromised machines, etc... Notifying the public of the attacks that have happened is always the last step. IMO it is understandable that it has taken Intel this long to say "we were attacked too".

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Personally I think its a false flag. Right now in DC they are attempting to push threw several laws to give the Federal Government full control over the internet like in China.

It doesnt have much support but a couple convenient hi profile hacks just might change their minds.

[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]Personally I think its a false flag. Right now in DC they are attempting to push threw several laws to give the Federal Government full control over the internet like in China. It doesnt have much support but a couple convenient hi profile hacks just might change their minds.[/citation]

That most likely what is going since things are moving in that direction however it is only the start. Banking and utilities probably next to scare the sheep into accepting any measure of government regulation. It is common that people often turn to those who created the problem for a solution.

Silicon Supremacist

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
That most likely what is going since things are moving in that direction however it is only the start. Banking and utilities probably next to scare the sheep into accepting any measure of government regulation. It is common that people often turn to those who created the problem for a solution.

Yes, sicundercover, very perceptive. You should read "John Twelve Hawks - 4th Realm 01 - The Traveler and the Dark River"

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]Looks like there is no end in sight. Hmmm....sounds like a plot for a sci-fi movie - "The Day The Earth Was Hacked"[/citation]funny lol

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]i don't think it was china, it was probably AMD. you think AMD has breakthroughs? lol[/citation]

nah intel just makes amd's ideas better. i mean come on amd is intels research department. Multi core, hyper transport, and 64 bit processing to name just a few.

[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]nah intel just makes amd's ideas better. i mean come on amd is intels research department. Multi core, hyper transport, and 64 bit processing to name just a few.[/citation]

Not to mention Intel's R&D department is probably larger than the entire AMD.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Anyone else see the metaphor about this and the priest scandal back in the day? Every day someone gets the courage to step forward and admit they have been victimized.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Yes, it's called bringing the first DX11 cards to market.[/citation]
first, nvidia is the one with the graphics, hacking intel for a graphics breakthrough? even more lol.
second, i count AMD and ATI as different entities because they do separate things. i would think that they have separate main offices and data centers.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]Personally I think its a false flag. Right now in DC they are attempting to push threw several laws to give the Federal Government full control over the internet like in China. It doesnt have much support but a couple convenient hi profile hacks just might change their minds.[/citation]
... when i think, and i do it not often... yeah... that makes sense...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Damn.... now the Chinease can build a copy of Nehalem II/sarcasmAt any rate, it's amazing how many companies/websites get attacked by crackers (There IS a difference between hackers and crackers. Too bad the media has corrupted the original meaning of "hacker" ).[/citation]

Well people thought they'd be talking about white people. It's not very nice to say Intel was attacked by white people by using a racial slur.

I kid... Somewhat. :p

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Damn.... now the Chinease can build a copy of Nehalem II/sarcasmAt any rate, it's amazing how many companies/websites get attacked by crackers (There IS a difference between hackers and crackers. Too bad the media has corrupted the original meaning of "hacker" ).[/citation]

Going back around 20-25 years ago, if we called a programmer a hacker, it meant his programming style was horrible, his code a mess, and his planning poor. It was a very derogatory term. If you said you did a 'hack job', you just did it quick and dirty, and didn't follow all the nice rules that make programs easy to maintain and read.

Somehow, some idiot in the media decided it should mean people doing bad things on purpose. And the sheep followed ...

ZEPd3Z

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
[citation][nom]josh7331[/nom]Hehe I bet some russian guy wants to create intel processors for a lower cost now? COMMUNISM FTW![/citation]
or He'll give it Away for free

wolfseeker2828

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]ZEPd3Z[/nom]or He'll give it Away for free[/citation]

no, he'll develop it, then mother russia will steal the idea, and sell it for government profits and then shoot him.

saran008

Distinguished
[citation][nom]wolfseeker2828[/nom]no, he'll develop it, then mother russia will steal the idea, and sell it for government profits and then shoot him.[/citation]

Hmm! hope that is what going to happen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.