Intel will use HT derivate

pat

Expert
<A HREF="http://www.penstarsys.com/#intel_ht" target="_new">This article</A> is a good read. Looks like AMD got it right with HT links between their Opteron. Now, intel will do ALMOST the same.. just to make sure that they will be able to receive licence fee for their "proprietary new bus"

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Guys a moron, who ever says Intel shouldn’t spend money on R&D is classified as a grade A++ moron. Next thing this guy will say Intel should be making CPU's for AMD.

As well this is exceptionally old news they were talking about point to point Itanium subsystems right before they released the Itanium I don’t think it was implemented till the I2 but guys named Josh always leave me weary.

-Jeremy Dach

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
BS. Intel had never even hinted it would create a P2P bus for any of its chips. In fact, for a long time they have been arguing against it (with some merrit), and came up with FB Dimm to overcome the largest problems of a shared multidrop bus with external memory controller for multi cpu servers. This is indeed news.

BTW, the EE Times article also mentions intel would develop integrated memory controllers.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
WTF

Intel had never even hinted it would create a P2P bus for any of its chips.

REPLY:
It been a year that we know that Montecito will have P2P.

In fact, for a long time they have been arguing against it (with some merrit), and came up with FB Dimm to overcome the largest problems of a shared multidrop bus with external memory controller for multi cpu servers

REPLY:

What any servers CPU see large decrease in memory performance as it scale in size want me to quote alpha and AMD.

BTW, the EE Times article also mentions intel would develop integrated memory controllers.

REPLY:
Allready been develope and most patent on ODCM is own by intel project been srap.Remember austin team was working on something before they had the Prescott/tejas project.

i need to change useur name.

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
>It been a year that we know that Montecito will have P2P.

Good point Juin, Montecito will be socket compatible with current Itaniums, so i'm sure it will have a P2P bus. Sorry for not reading the rest of your garbage.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

TRENDING THREADS