Question intel xtu and cpu question

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
im using intel xtu to tame the heat on my dell g7 7790 gaming laptop with a i7 9750h and a rtx 2060 gpu. i got the settings in xtu right where i want it and i have a profile set. the one thing i noticed was when my laptop comes out of sleep mode the intel xtu crashes and i have to reload my saved profile. not a big deal but seeing if there is a patch or fix for this issue yet?

The XTU is annotated when shutdown is successful, and, to my knowledge, anything to circumvent that might very well default the XTU back to all default settings....

If you want the altered XTU settings saved and used next bootup, you might have to stick with normal shutdowns, forsaking/skipping sleep modes, etc...

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
The XTU is annotated when shutdown is successful, and, to my knowledge, anything to circumvent that might very well default the XTU back to all default settings....

If you want the altered XTU settings saved and used next bootup, you might have to stick with normal shutdowns, forsaking/skipping sleep modes, etc...
ya, i like xtu a lot better than throttlestop, so ill deal with it. thanks for the info.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015

one more question i also see intel xtu causing a kernal 41 laptop shutdown when in sleep mode only. so i turned off sleep mode, and am starting to just shut down the laptop when needed.