Intel Z170 LGA-1151 Motherboard Roundup

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting, yesterday they said they would launch on the 14th. Stock must still be very low still " Limit 1 per customer"

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I use several Supermicro boards for Server hardware and in other machines such as dedicated NAS Server etc. Their products are good. I appreciate for including a Desktop board in this review.

I don't know why I feel a bit odd by looking at some of the new generation board colors. Yesterday I was taken aback after having a look at Z170 ROG Hero review. I reckon Z97 ROG series colors look great.

peterf28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
OK, I'am a bit surprised now . Why don't these mainboards have any eSata ports ??? Is eSata dead or WTF ??? I was just considering buying external eSata drives .

I hate external USB drives, they just fail too often, I lost a lot of external USB drives, never again USB harddrives for me .

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
eSATA has been on its way out for a long time. I use notebook drives on USB adapters, and if the adapter fails I replace it without losing the drive.

Joker41NAM

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
One thing that I don't see anyone else noted: The ASRock motherboard reviewed was the Extreme6+, since it came with the front USB 3.1 adapter. The normal Extreme6 doesn't include that.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ASRock dropped the adapter from the Extreme6 and added the Extreme6+ immediately after launch. This one was tested before they made the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.