[SOLVED] Intel Z390 Chipset Driver

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
First of all, I am currently running on Windows 10 Pro 1909 November version.
And I am having Aorus Z390 Motherboard with I7-9700K.
I want to install chipset driver but in my motherboard manufacturer's page the latest driver currently supports 1903 version of Windows as you have seen in the above link. So which chipset driver should I install and from where? Link please.

Reactions: TejasAnand

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
The one from the motherboard manufacturer is always the best one to use as it is made specifically for the particular board. The ones from intel are more generic but can be used if you had a particular issue with the one from the manufacturer.
But,
First of all I have Windows 10 Pro 1909 November version.
On my motherboard manufacturer's page the Intel graphics driver is outdated. The driver in motherboard manufacturer's page does not supports 1909 Nov version and was causing issue with scaling. When I downloaded the latest from Intel's website all was perfect. And it was also written that the latest version supports 1909 Nov version.

Reactions: TejasAnand
But,
First of all I have Windows 10 Pro 1909 November version.
On my motherboard manufacturer's page the Intel graphics driver is outdated. The driver in motherboard manufacturer's page does not supports 1909 Nov version and was causing issue with scaling. When I downloaded the latest from Intel's website all was perfect. And it was also written that the latest version supports 1909 Nov version.
Chipset and graphics drivers are two separate drivers. Intel creates the onboard GPU, therefor they will always have the driver first before it’s pushed out. If you are using only the integrated GPU on your CPU then yes, I would get the GRAPHICS driver directly from intel. Chipset drivers are for your motherboard specifically and each manufacturer puts their own special touches on design and components. Intel chipset drivers are generic to work with ANY motherboard and will work but may lack specific parts that relate to your specific board.

In any case, there are many things that can affect compatibility with drivers. One person can have a driver work perfectly fine while another has an issue. The only perfect method is to see which works specifically for your system as it is.