News Intel Z590 Motherboard and Chipset Overview: 45 Rocket Lake Boards Detailed

Jan 13, 2021
Is the 'Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Xtreme Waterforce' a thing? I don't think Gigabyte announced a 'Waterforce' variant, is Tom's Hardware confirming it?

One of the problems with many of these motherboards is that to change the CMOS battery you have to remove the shroud and to remove the shroud you have to remove the motherboard from the case (or cut the shroud) Toms hardware should mark down a motherboard where you have to do this.

jpe1701

Honorable
I love that the motherboard manufacturers have stepped up their game with the power delivery lately. I was hoping to see what Intel did with their chipset cooling for pcie 4.0 but they went with 3.0. I wanted to see if it required active cooling like x570.

Conahl

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
forget the cmos battery, the shrouds on the IO ports on the back are just.... to big. i wonder how the clearance will be for cpu coolers...............................................

ericepp

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
Your charts show 8 SATA 6gb/s ports on the Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero board and also the ASRock Z590 PG Velocita. The manufacturer's website shows only 6 for each of these. I wish there were more of these available with 8 Sata Ports. I have a plex server with 8 Hot Swap Bays on my main PC. I have some PCIe 1x controller cards, but I would rahter not have to use them.

I hope more of these boards are available before Rocket Lake launches. I'd like to have everything ready to go when the chips hit the shelves.

Last edited: