Intel Z87 Desktop Board DZ87KLT-75K Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
It could use a few more USB ports on the back, even if they're just 2.0s. Other than that, it's a pretty nice looking. The skull is a nice throwback to my current bonetrail x38 board!

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Wow, Go Intel on this new board. I think this is the first board you guys havent really screwed overclockers. I wonder if the bios is unlocked up to ASUS spec or due to you CPU being installed if people will have issues pushing voltages passed recommended settings.
looking at all the mosfets heatsinks, 8pin P4 connector, post code display and x4 4pin case fan connectors. Real question is does this board support nvidia SLi?

A still have a few Lanparties....I miss them and their glow in the dark goodness

InvalidError

Titan

Intel said they were pulling out of the desktop motherboard business AFTER Haswell.

Intel will still partner with all-in-one, laptop, embedded, etc. device manufacturers to help produce motherboards for non-standard and compact form factors for Broadwell (next year) and beyond.

The demand for conventional PCs is shrinking so it seems only natural that Intel would like to redirect design efforts towards more promising markets.

Uhm their enthusiast range boards have had skull on for some time now... Calm yourself.

InvalidError

Titan

Sockets are supposed to come back with Skylake but unless Broadwell somehow turns out to be a flop, Intel will probably end up focusing more on their SoC OEM designs.

My bet is that Broadwell will be far more successful than most enthusiasts could ever imagine SoC-ified x86 ever being because most mainstream buyers do not care about CPU upgradability - even more so when it ends up in non-user-serviceable form factors.

I get you. But I do not think Intel with bother prodcucing LGA boards after Haswell anymore. Its just not lucritive enough for them, they have SUCH a small market share. Hell they make more money from just chipset lisencing/sale alone, since its almost pure profit after development.

InvalidError

Titan

I think the next biggest reason for bailing out of retail motherboards after Intel's tiny market share is that with Broadwell, even the south-bridge/IO-Hub ('the chipset') will be integrated into the CPU die so there really won't be anything major left to distinguish boards from one another; the Broadwell CPU soldered onto the board almost fully defines it.

With each fully-integrated SoC-CPU tailored to specific markets/form-factors and most of them being prebuilt/embedded OEM systems, there just won't be much (if any) benefit left to Intel making their own generic boards for Broadwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.