News Intel's Blockscale ASIC Proves Blockchain Tech Has Become Too Big to Fail

This thread will not end well....

That said, Intel has dumped bigger investments without looking back from RDRAM, Itanium to Larabee/knights corner/knights landing, Optaine, Itanium, Atom investments for Android, and more.

If USA gov't gets involved, there will be unified coin within 10 years, thus negating many existing coins. The likelihood of this is increasing every day.

Intel: Welp, this isn't making us money <grabs axe and flame thrower>

Last edited:
That said, Intel has dumped bigger investments without looking back from RDRAM, Itanium to Larabee/knights corner/knights landing, optane, Atom investments for Android, and more.
If anything, I'm glad someone relatively large is dumping money into something that's new or trendy in order to figure out what we can do with it and if it's worth while. You can't really learn unless you're willing to fail.

penguinslovebananas

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
we all know this was inevitable. I have been telling my friends for years, if they think crypto is getting big now, just wait until a major chip maker throws their weight into it. I’m honestly surprised it has taken this long. I do feel somewhat bad for Bitmain and MicroBT, they did pioneer the arena, but they are no match for the design expertise of a big chip maker. At the same time they made a market desperate for another party party by their, what I view as very exploitive of their customers, business practices. Either way I hope they had the foresight to know this was coming and with intel in the mix, amd may be close behind.