Intels blue man group

G

I just wanted to say how Intel is highering the blue man group to advertise the P4, when they already did promos for the P3. Funny since the blue man group are power mac users. lol Bitter Irony?

Microsoft: We not only make Windows hacking possible, we make it easier!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
are you in love with the blue man group? whats with the fixation on them?

oh, and lets talk bitter irony, the mac ppl are thinking of going with Amd and dumping Motorola! anti-mac ppl will love that!

G

Actually, I hate Macs but respect the PowerPC processors. Some of the more recent ones developed by IBM (though rejected by Steve Jobs {idiot!}) are very powerful processors. I would love to get my hands on them! As for AMD on a Mac? ...<sigh> I dunno, who will make the chipset for it? I think AMD procs are pretty nice pieces of work, but I really have my doubts about any chipset Via has ever produced. They pretty consistently seem to demonstrate that they get sub-par performance and shakey reliability at best. Maybe if Intel were to make an AMD chipset! ;)

Charles

G

I've always thought the three blue guys were amusing, spontaneously thinking of different ways on making three stripes. Really not a bad gimmick. Amazing though, how certain THG members want to anthropomorphize the company and make them out to be 'homos' or something. Really sick.

But I have a question about Apples.. If they claim to have the fastest processor (last year), and all of the Appleheads at my workplace swore to god it was true, How come the only thing it seemed to do faster was certain graphics transforms ? I don't do those very often, and when I do them, I usually toggle between different windows (Photoshop to Canvas or Word, and back) while I build whatever it is I'm working on.. poster, figure, etc.

Point is, macs are tragically slow at this, not to mention printing, launching applications, or booting, for cripes sake. Are Appleheads so hypnotised by the MacOS environment that these details are lost ? Also, the network guys (even the mac network guys) at my workplace have told me that macs drag network bandwidth down because of their constant self identification comms (I'm a Mac, I'm a Mac, I'm a Mac,...)

And why resist to the bitter end to add a second button ? That right click instantly offers the most common editing commands and useful functions in an application specific way. Every time I sit down in front of a Mac to help someone out, I am immediately pissed off that I have to go searching for commands in the menus.

As far as AMD processors in a Mac, who cares ? The originator of the 1st successful GUI should get there feet out of the mud.

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm sickened by the whole Blue Man thing. I've seen them twice live (got to be an audience volunteer at the first show). I gotta say it's really disappointing to see them sell out like this. The whole point of the show...if you can say it has a point...is how people have become driven by pop culture and how we've stopped being creative and lost our ability to think for ourselves.

Anyone in the Chicago, Boston, or NYC area, I strongly recommend you go see them, it was an amazing sensory show.

~Crapple0

"intel inside, idiot outside"

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've seen Stomp too, and BMG is a lot more..um..<i>cerebral</i>. Stomp is just music and noise. BMG is about words, images, society in general, how f'd up we all are.

Good try though!

~Crapple0

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've seen the commercials, but I've never heard of the Blue Man Group outside the commercials... what do they do???

ps... I can't edit post without it being obvious anymore... too bad:(<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kodiak on 02/16/01 01:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You say that you're disappointed in them for selling out by doing Intel commercials. Yet, from an artistic standpoint how can you be disappointed in this?

You said yourself, "The whole point of the show...if you can say it has a point...is how people have become driven by pop culture and how we've stopped being creative and lost our ability to think for ourselves."

Watch those Intel PIII commercials. It's the same thing over and over. The first time that you see one it seems creative and interesting. But each time you see another one it gets repetative. It loses all creativity. Before long you're almost annoyed just to see any of the commercials.

I don't think that they could have chosen a more perfect way to tell the world that people have stopped being creative.

Of course I also think that every era of society has people who feel as though this is happening and find some way to express themselves if for no other reason than to prove that at least some people still have a measure of creativity. But I'm not feeling in a philosophical mood today. So I'll just go back to writing my software. ;)

- Sanity is purely based on point-of-view.

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Grizely, I hate to say this to someone so wise, but...GUH!

The Blue Man Group is an amazing show, that isn't about throwing paint and tubes and crap like that. Sure, that's entertaining, but the point is in its commentary of today's culture. Maybe you should see it for yourself before you rip it. Everyone I know who has seen it, loved it.

~Crapple0

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I see. You should drive down to Chicago (or NYC or Boston) and see them. You can say you did it because you saw them in the Intel commercials.

I also see you are not easily coerced into a flame war. Good man :).

~Crapple0

winglesslight

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2001
You say blue man group is doing well. Then, it's good. Let them do commercial too. Nothing so bad about it. BMG is not against commercial either, I think. Product has to be advertised to be sold. It won't make people more stupid than they are now. Maybe make them interested in blue man group. People has to be creative theirselves. How does it relate to the BMG doing commercial?