Intel's Concept for AIO Broadwell PCs Codenamed Blackbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
"consumers are drawn to all-in-ones for the combination of the power of a desktop inside a big, beautiful screen." AIO use laptop derivative low power components. They have the power of a good laptop -> nowhere near a serious desktop.

G

i'm not going to lug around my 10kg 27" aio, at least not on a daily basis that would necessite a ugly handle.i was intrigued by the headline since i'd love intel to do for aios what it did for laptops/ultrabooks: setting the trend for beautiful, sleek but well performing machines with good screens and build quality.looking at the windows-aio market there is a lot of room for improvement.but setting the priority on portability makes me cringe a little when i think of ugly slabs like asus? sony's? plastic-clad 20-incher.but to each their own i guess.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Intel wants to change the PC, again. I think the BTX form-factor was actually a better idea in regard to consumer PCs than making "more powerful" AIOs. Besides, don't high-end Two-in-Ones already cover the target market for such devices?

NeatOman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
No one wants to move something large... Hell! Most people that have a 17" laptop never move them out of a room!, you never see people moving a 20" TV around the house. Its really sad how people get paid for bullshit, they suck at there job and put other people down only because they bullshit and are full of it and this is the end result. Unless its 24", 3.5 lbs, and has a 4 hour battery with a handle and latch for the keyboard, thennn mayyyybe lol

Jaroslav Jandek

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
You should look at Intel's pAIO specification. It clearly states maximum weight (4.5 kg) for 18-27" screen and about 3 hours battery life.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Intel is trying to help Microsoft selling crap called Windows 8.1 which only fits into devices nobody wants called PC AIO. I have news for Intel and Microsoft, ain't going to work.

Menigmand

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
They are going the wrong direction with this. Give me an option to buy an AIO with decent CPU and GPU, and I would be interested. But this kind of tablet computer seems the worst from tablets, laptops and desktops all rolled into one.

Should have dropped the "r" and called them Blackbooks to match their Ultrabook terminology.At first I thought this could be a cool idea, but surely the 17" power laptop already has this niche covered, right? Unless you REALLY need that 24" screen and full keyboard.

Max_x2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2013
Intel is trying to help Microsoft selling crap called Windows 8.1 which only fits into devices nobody wants called PC AIO. I have news for Intel and Microsoft, ain't going to work.
I'm so tired to see people like you who probably never bothered to try to understand / can't understand how it works because they are too stupid, still yapping about windows 8/8.1. Just stick with your old, crappy, outdated windows95-like interface. Nobody gives a single solitary fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.