News Intel's Core i5-12600K Is Currently Newegg's Best Selling CPU

The_King

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
Here in India the 12600K is 40USD cheaper than the 5700X and 95USD cheap than the 5800X.

I wouldn't touch the AM4 platform with a 10 foot pole at these prices.

AMD definitely dropped the ball. I'm not surprised the 12600K is on top of the best selling , it price performance destroys anything AMD has to offer.

You can buy a MSi Z690 Pro A DDR4 + 12700F for almost the same price has a 5800X3D here. (n)

RIP AM4!

Last edited:
They really want us to believe that the i9-12900K at 600$ is number 2, ant the i5-12400 at 193$ is number 7 ?
Reminds me the phrase of Winston Churchill about statistics !

Reactions: Why_Me

Alelanza

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Bear n mind availability, while I researched my pc build for about 2 weeks the 12400s were never in stock in Newegg. Also a lot of folks will only buy at Newegg if there isn’t availability elsewhere.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I just wanted to comment that there has to be some manner of award out there for being on a forum where you are a member for 15 years and only have four posts.

Stalking champion!

The last couple of experiences that I have with Newegg left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I won't go so far as to say I wouldn't shop with them again, but they are WAY down the list. I would rather go to Best Buy, and that is saying a lot. (cause they are pretty terrible as well)

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
They really want us to believe that the i9-12900K at 600$ is number 2, ant the i5-12400 at 193$ is number 7 ?
This isn't politics I don't think they have much of a reason to lie. Although I am surprised the 12400 isn't higher than something like the 5700g

Reactions: rtoaht

SunMaster

Commendable
Apr 19, 2022
Curious which boards are sold for those Intels - DDR4 or DDR5?

Also curious is the difference of Amazon vs. Newegg.

Currently on Amazon the top 7 spots are AMD, 1 "Cronus Zen Controller Emulator" and the first Intel is the i7-12700KF in 9th spot.

Last edited:

Co BIY

Splendid
Curious which boards are sold for those Intels - DDR4 or DDR5?

Also curious is the difference of Amazon vs. Newegg.

Currently on Amazon the top 7 spots are AMD, 1 "Cronus Zen Controller Emulator" and the first Intel is the i7-12700KF in 9th spot.

I would also be interested in which boards are most popular.

I think that is a tougher choice than which CPU.

My current choice would be the 12600k even though I would really only "need" the 12400. Or actually the 12300 but then it seems a mismatch to buy a motherboard and then OEM looks like the way to go - heaven forbid. A horrid race to the bottom.

But still holding out for Rocket Lake.

Liquidrider

Honorable
Nov 25, 2016
All about supply and demand.
Some facts seeing as this article is both entertaining and misleading.

1. AMD remains the top-selling product on Amazon, Bestbuy, Microcenter
  2. On Newegg AMD CPUs have been sold out on New Egg for nearly 2 weeks and as of May 1st been restocked.
But how do you know this? Glad you asked
AMD vs Intel

Whether AMD or Intel becomes a top seller anywhere, should be ignored completely because it is so easily manipulated. In fact, there are companies out there that will manipulate the top seller's list for you... for a price.

Every single day I have to monitor the inventory of computer components. The one I linked is public. The one I use daily is not and can't be shared for work reasons.

Here in India the 12600K is 40USD cheaper than the 5700X and 95USD cheap than the 5800X.

I wouldn't touch the AM4 platform with a 10 foot pole at these prices.

AMD definitely dropped the ball. I'm not surprised the 12600K is on top of the best selling , it price performance destroys anything AMD has to offer.

You can buy a MSi Z690 Pro A DDR4 + 12700F for almost the same price has a 5800X3D here. (n)

RIP AM4!

RIP AM4? LMAO 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
What is the MSRP of a 5800X3D?
What is the MSRP of a 12600KS?
What is the top sellers at Best Buy, Microcenter, Amazon?

Please do some legwork before posting non-sense.

The_King

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
RIP AM4? LMAO 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
What is the MSRP of a 5800X3D?
What is the MSRP of a 12600KS?
What is the top sellers at Best Buy, Microcenter, Amazon?

Please do some legwork before posting non-sense.

Typical response from someone who thinks the only market place in the world is in the US.
Are there Micro-centers around the world/globally?

Amazon US is vastly different from Amazon around the world.
The new released Zen 3 CPUs are not even listed for sale on Amazon India despite been launched officially last month globally.

While most reviews on this site is related to the US market place. I specifically stated in India in my comment.

Here the Ryzen 5 5500 is selling for around 215USD when the 12600K is selling (+/-300USD) much closer to its MSRP than AMD.

What prices you get at Micro-centre or Amazon US is irrelevant to my post concerning the Indian market place.

You should learn to read and do your own legwork before posting anything!

Last edited:
All about supply and demand.

2. On Newegg AMD CPUs have been sold out on New Egg for nearly 2 weeks and as of May 1st been restocked.
AMD vs Intel

Whether AMD or Intel becomes a top seller anywhere, should be ignored completely because it is so easily manipulated. In fact, there are companies out there that will manipulate the top seller's list for you... for a price.

Every single day I have to monitor the inventory of computer components. The one I linked is public. The one I use daily is not and can't be shared for work reasons.
Top-selling means units people DO buy not units people WANT TO buy.
Yes, if AMD can't provide enough CPUs then people will buy more intel CPUs, no shenanigans there, that's how things work.
That's what people have been saying for years, ever since AMD sold off glofo and has to rely on 3rd party fabs they are "doomed" to work with whatever supply they can get.

Reactions: rtoaht

KyaraM

Admirable
It also depends on how long back the statistic goes. For example, Mindfactory here lists how often a CPU was bought on their site. It doesn't tell you how often it was bought in the last x months, however. As a result, all Ryzen 5000 CPUs, except the last few released this year, were sold about five times more often than any Alder Lake. This is misleading, and even kinda useless, though, because they are on the market for nearly 2 years now while Alder Lake is out for only 6 months at most. Of course they were sold more often. So be really careful with statistics like that. Depending on how they are set up, they can be bent in any one direction, and even absolute numbers can be utterly useless.

Reactions: rtoaht and shady28

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
<snip>

It actually makes perfect sense. The 12400 is a lower clocked 6P chip, that relatively low core count hobbles it in many productivity scenarios. The 12600K is a higher clocked 6P + 4E core chip, so you have a very balanced setup in both single and multi-core uses. For a long time the 5800X was a best seller for the same reason vs the 5600X. The only real reason to go for a 6-core only chip is extreme power / heat sensitivity (like an ITX / SFF build) or being very very cost conscious, when for a small extra cost you can get 2/3 more cores and higher single thread performance from a 12600K/KF.

Cost conscious is good and normal, but I would just say that may be 'penny wise and dollar foolish' in this case.

Reactions: KyaraM
when for a small extra cost you can get 2/3 more cores and higher single thread performance from a 12600K/KF.
It's $180 for 6/12 compared to $260 for 6/12+4
That's almost 50% more money for 30% more threads.
I think that the main issue here is OEMs, people in the market for i3 and lower and for the 12400 mostly go for ready made systems, which makes them appear low on any retail chart.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

AMD vs Intel
The site you linked shows that the 5700X has been in stock at Newegg since 5 Apr. The 5600X and 5700G appear to have never not been in stock this calendar year. So all of AMD's closest competitors to the 12600K have been readily in stock at Newegg for the last ~month or more.

Reactions: rtoaht and KyaraM