Intel's First Cinematic and Epic Ultrabook Ad: Desperado

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Upon visiting the Youtube page of said video I was greeted with this link as the then-top comment depicting the Japanese ultrabook commercial.

My vocabulary was not sufficiently large for me to adequately express my reaction in words.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
[citation][nom]LaHawzel[/nom]Upon visiting the Youtube page of said video I was greeted with this link as the then-top comment depicting the Japanese ultrabook commercial.My vocabulary was not sufficiently large for me to adequately express my reaction in words.[/citation]

What the heck is that?

I am so confused...

In terms of advertising genius, it must be brilliant, because I can't get the image of two people in tinfoil and a dancing lunatic with a tiger mask in space with the state of liberty in the background out of my brain.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]LaHawzel[/nom]Upon visiting the Youtube page of said video I was greeted with this link as the then-top comment depicting the Japanese ultrabook commercial.My vocabulary was not sufficiently large for me to adequately express my reaction in words.[/citation]

WOW. I think my brain just got molested...

Why would you do this to us! It won't leave my brain!

oh, and the desperado ad sucked. Gave me no idea what an ultra book is. It is a laptop? a UMPC? a crappy little netbook? What can it do? Who is the product aimed at? Are they saying that hicks don't know how to use computers? Or is it a commentary on poor rural america not being able to afford new machines?

At best it is dumb, at worst it is just insulting to some people. Either way, the tiger moon commercial was much more effective at making some sort of impact...

I bet this could've saved like 1 dolar per chip... Such a waste of resources...

Cheers! =/

EDIT: You know, getting Otellini saying "this commercial only cost 1USD because we're f'ing committed to you, the consumer, and we're putting the rest to make you save money on each Ultrabook bought!". And all that with a Ballmer attitude. Maybe adding "you also get HyperThreading, TurboBoost and all for what?! JUST 999USD!" hahaha

[citation][nom]gundam288[/nom]Is it bad that I got the same info out of the US ad as I did from Japan's ad and I don't speak Japanese?[/citation]

It's a Japanese play of words... "Ultrabook" = "Ul-tora-book", where tora = tiger... Wow... I don't know if there's another play of words, but wow...

Cheers!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]oh, and the desperado ad sucked. Gave me no idea what an ultra book is. It is a laptop? a UMPC? a crappy little netbook? What can it do? Who is the product aimed at?[/citation]

This isn't the 1940s, you're supposed to have an emotional reaction or something and go buy the shiny crap no questions asked.

G

The japanese ad is way more epic. And at least it's kind of so pathetically funny that you have to laugh if you know a little bit of japanese. Specially if you saw Great Teacher Onizuka (Tora-Uma for those who know what i'm talking about)

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Can someone explain to me what's the deal with these Ultrabooks? I saw one yesterday at CompUSA and apart from looking stylish on the outside they just look like underclocked Coreix's with a SSD attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.