News Intel's Gelsinger Likens Xeon vs AMD EPYC to 'Knife Fight in a Phone Booth'

dalek1234

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
103
28
4,610
0
This guy is delusional. I'd say it's more like knife-less Intel is stuck in a phone booth, while AMD is launching nukes at the booth from far away.

Out of the entire CPU stacks the two companies produce, it's the server CPUs where Intel is the furthest behind AMD in terms of performance/efficiency/cost/Cores...you name it.
 

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
2,155
1,180
7,560
0
only "bloody" intel can currently do is sell at a loss and hope ppl will buy them that way. (and many wont as space is limited and prefer fewer better than worse but many)
Not really. Right now, AMD sells everything they can produce, which appears to be about 10% of the server market. Then Intel sells at whatever price they feel like to the other 90% of the market because there is no one else to buy from. They're still at over 50% margins. They aren't selling anything at a loss.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY