Intel's integrated graphics slashed

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
The Intel's integrated graphics has been slashed.The most famous game to be released which is UNREAL which is going to use the 64 bit architechture has proved it

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/12/epic_integrated_graphics/

carlhungis

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Well, guess what... They probably shouldn't get their hopes up for PC gaming if they can't afford a system to play it on. Perhaps they should just buy a console, a 400.00 XBOX360 can play great looking games. Sometimes you just have to live within your means. I can't afford a Porche, but you know what... I don't complain that Porsche is ruining the auto industry.....

I don't understand the logic, if you can't afford a graphics card, don't complain to Intel for not making an IGP that can compete with a top of the line video card. There is a reason that ATI and NVIDIA are in business. If IGP could handle every game, there would be no need for them.

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
True but a bit of forethought can help people, If you have to buy a system or motherboard with intergrated graphics they should make surt it has either an AGP port or PCIe port. I design all the computer systems we sell were I work and ensure all systems have one or the other. :)

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Who live on tight budget and anyhow want a pc they are the ones who select the IGP boards.These IGP boards usually are avialable in AMD sockets and they can maximumly deliver 20-30 fps in DOOM3 in low settings.But these boards come with a PCI express x16 slot which could help the tight budget buyers in the future.Actually the main thing is that,the money needed to spend by the people's pockets for an IGP board is less and the people who want to buy a mid range AMD cpu's go for these types of board.Intel usually has 4-5 good IGP boards

BUT THE THING WHICH YOU SAID why would ATI and nvidia would have emerged if the IGP could have done everything is correct.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
People who complain about IGP's performance with video games are like the people who complain/sue the tobacco companies for giving them cancer after they smoked two packs a day for 40 years straight, or like the people who complain/sue fast food chains because they're fat after eating fast food 5 times a week. If you're not smart enough to educate yourself about your purchase, then you deserve whatever you get.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well when did i said that i have an IGP motherboard I have ASUS A8R32-MVP with myself Well i said that who dont have money in their pockets for buying GPU's or they are waiting for a good one to be released,then they go for an IGP mobo and they later on purchase the Graphic Card AND thus it is said by UNREAL that intel's integrated graphics cannot boast up

mpjesse

Splendid
I love this... when were integrated intel graphics EVER able to play new games?

It's nothing new mate. Everyone knows intel graphics suck. That jackass from Epic just wanted to take an opportunity to bash intel. Nothing more.

PhearChyld

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Say integrated graphics by some miracle become somthing worth while. All they are going to do is boost the price and where does that leave them. Just more thing that is out of thier price range and they are forced to buy the crappy version of the IGP. As silly as it sounds they would be better off making GPUs installable on the board like a CPU, than they could pick and choose. The whole thing is a little out there for me.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
That jackass from Epic just wanted to take an opportunity to bash intel. Nothing more.
That jackass was
UUUUFFFFFFFFF.jpg

before he started BS-ing.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well thats the thing if IGP boards facilitates heavy GPU's then the prices of the MOBO's would be boosted heavily which would have a beast like cooler to impress the customers and but the MOBO's.I hope that integrated graphics are gonna going to rise up.

carlhungis

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
If anything, game dev's are ruining the game industry. They should try to make entertaining games that will run on IGP. They should actually innovate. But instead, they keep spending millions and millions of dollars developing high priced games that require high cost cards that are usually just another FPS, RTS, RPG...etc.

Just re-hashes with new eye candy.

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Actually integrated graphics are rising up big time. Intel has no less than
six new ones coming, one motherboard even takes 333 RAM :lol:
This in the Inquirer
And they still won't play new games.
My Old Asus nF2 board will play HL 1 perfectly tho

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Exactly the everyone needs the eye-candy in the game and has to go to buy a good gpu whereas these s**t mobo's support very bad chipsets to give gaming.For people who live on tight budget should either buy a high end console or a mid-end pc on the same price

voxel

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I love this... when were integrated intel graphics EVER able to play new games?

No, but integrated graphics should run basic 3D apps - which are becoming more common. My baseline for acceptable integrated graphics is the ATI Xpress 200 which barely runs Maya (for those wishing to quickly look at a scene).

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Say you are Intel.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE INTEGRATED GRAPHICS TO COMPETE WITH 24 PIPELINE, 600MHz core speed, 50GB/s memory bandwidth, 8 vertex shaders, part, say like Geforce 7900GTX or ATI X1900XTX?? They simply WON'T.

X1900XTX has over 300 million transistors. The die size on that is close to 300mm2.

Intel's integrated graphics bring $7!!!

Now if any company can bring that to be even entry level graphics, they have brought a miracle(X1300 has like what?? 75 million transistors?? Chipset typically has no more than 20 million at most, will they quadruple the die size for X1300 performance?? NO!!).

EPIC is stupid to say that. Intel has the biggest graphics market BY FAR. BTW, the other integrated graphics, ATI's Xpress 200 chipset with X300 integrated: http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2427&p=3

Can that bring playable frames?!?? No.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
So you are AMD(kidding)

Well in laptops they have the ai mobility x1600pro gpu's HOW?Thus the mobo's which supports these gpu's should be sold so that people after buying the mobo never think of buying the gpu.

Think of the past when the TNT2 was released and compare it to the future.Which game you played in the TNT 2 and the newest one :wink:

Well yousay to buy up the 7900gtx or the ati x1900xt OK well behind everything there is budget for which people buy the IGP mobo's and they later on upgrade up their pc by buying up a Graphics card