Intel's recent 45 nm processor plans

pschmid

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
Hi guys,

feedback to my article has been very different; most people liked the outlook, though. What's your take? Any comments? Looking forward to your opinion.

Take care,
Patrick

pschmid

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
Talking about it... I received a nice email on last Sunday that is even better:

-----
Pretty comical Shilling for InHell... You give a glowing SPIN of what InHell CLAIMS they will deliver, completely ignoring past history that shows that CAN'T DELIVER such as rushed to market Piss 4, such as defective 90 nano process, such as defective 815/915 chipsets, such as defective Mobos by the MILLIONS, such as flame throwing P4 space heaters, such as UNABLE TO SCALE Netburst based Piss 4's, glued together dual-core chips, lack of 64-bit instruction set, and on, and on, and on.

You said: "At this point it is far too early to speculate about products that could be derived from the upcoming chip designs. The product brand, specifications and pricing are discussed as soon as the silicon can be mass produced; usually at least half a year prior to launching a product.

The only fact we know for sure is that the Yonah Centrino processor generation will be named Core, replacing the Pentium M brand in many mobility segments. Yet we don't believe that Intel is going to drop the elfish Pentium brand with the next generation micro architecture."

But you already did the TALKING HEAD routine by CLAIMING InHell will deliver these products and they intend to "dominate the X86 World", blah, blah, blah - That's just BULLSH*T. In case you don't know that is FUD, shilling, SpinMeistering, manipulation, and a host of other unsavory definitions when you act as a shill.

You KNOW full well that InHell did the Dog and Pony Show for the media because their sales have TANKED and they haven't got a single competitive product in the marketplace. You KNOW Yonah is a YAWNER and by the time InHell actually has something worth selling AMD will be selling even better performance for less, as they have done for the past 4 years.

We all know the purpose of pumping out propaganda for InHell is to save face, stimulate sales of mediocre products, and convince Wall Street that InHell will once again have an illegal monopoly maintained thru violation of anti-trust laws. Well here is some sad news for the DREAMERS on Wall Street... Those days of an illegal monopoly are done for InHell so you had better adjust your investments and mindset because the criminals in Satan Clara are going down - AS IT SHOULD BE ! You really feel for the SNOW JOB by InHELL !!!"
[/i]

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I can't really comment as the writing and bias at THG got so bad that I finally stopped reading THG a while ago. (And before I stopper reading, I was pretty much just writing complaint after complaint.) It takes a greater man than I to stomach that insipid crap and marketing fluff. I miss Tom.

sledgehammer70

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2005
Talking about it... I received a nice email on last Sunday that is even better:

-----
Pretty comical Shilling for InHell... You give a glowing SPIN of what InHell CLAIMS they will deliver, completely ignoring past history that shows that CAN'T DELIVER such as rushed to market Piss 4, such as defective 90 nano process, such as defective 815/915 chipsets, such as defective Mobos by the MILLIONS, such as flame throwing P4 space heaters, such as UNABLE TO SCALE Netburst based Piss 4's, glued together dual-core chips, lack of 64-bit instruction set, and on, and on, and on.

You said: "At this point it is far too early to speculate about products that could be derived from the upcoming chip designs. The product brand, specifications and pricing are discussed as soon as the silicon can be mass produced; usually at least half a year prior to launching a product.

The only fact we know for sure is that the Yonah Centrino processor generation will be named Core, replacing the Pentium M brand in many mobility segments. Yet we don't believe that Intel is going to drop the elfish Pentium brand with the next generation micro architecture."

But you already did the TALKING HEAD routine by CLAIMING InHell will deliver these products and they intend to "dominate the X86 World", blah, blah, blah - That's just BULLSH*T. In case you don't know that is FUD, shilling, SpinMeistering, manipulation, and a host of other unsavory definitions when you act as a shill.

You KNOW full well that InHell did the Dog and Pony Show for the media because their sales have TANKED and they haven't got a single competitive product in the marketplace. You KNOW Yonah is a YAWNER and by the time InHell actually has something worth selling AMD will be selling even better performance for less, as they have done for the past 4 years.

We all know the purpose of pumping out propaganda for InHell is to save face, stimulate sales of mediocre products, and convince Wall Street that InHell will once again have an illegal monopoly maintained thru violation of anti-trust laws. Well here is some sad news for the DREAMERS on Wall Street... Those days of an illegal monopoly are done for InHell so you had better adjust your investments and mindset because the criminals in Satan Clara are going down - AS IT SHOULD BE ! You really feel for the SNOW JOB by InHELL !!!"
[/i]

You know I have to agree with this letter :)

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
I read through it and found no problems with the organization and content. I find it amazing that some people act like you’re killing kittens.

Umm Killing Kittens drool drool

endyen

Splendid
Umm Killing Kittens drool drool
Killing kittens? I think not! Producing puppies perhaps.
I have read a few of your pieces, and they generally show a lot more insite. This piece reaks ov Ovid, and the Intel PR department.
Still, it was loud enough to get you notice on theregister, which is good for a few extra hits to THG.
As it turns out, we've been inundated with this type of info from a fellow called lt commander data. He seems to have a pair of the Intel rosy colored glasses.
The big question has to be, do you believe any of the changes will make Intel a valid choice once again? Don't answer that, as anything other than NO will have you swarmed by Amd fanboys.

G

Informative review. Props to Intel for being a technology leader in terms of perfecting this hard to achieve small feature process first. Now if they put as much effort into developing the circuit side of things....look out. I have no doubt that the juggernaut is toying around and putting more weight into bean counter suggestions than trying to swat down any particular competitor, although a certain competitor certainly has made designs worthy of note.

It's hard to wave the "we are number 1" flag when the independent test results seem ambiguous at best. Soon the OEM's will be forced to flock elsewhere as demand requires if they don't watch it. They need a clearly top of the heap model for enthusiasts in order to be the go to CPU IMO. Obviously the technology is there if the design were.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
whoa, Amd hounds, absolutely can not take it when pro Intel news is out, they act and look like those zombies you see at any anti-USA rally,...filled with filthy commies, terrorist and anarchist...