News Intel's Upcoming i9-10900K Overclocked to 5.4 GHz on All 10 Cores

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I stopped hanging heavy air coolers bending my motherboard, blocking memory slots and blowing hot air around in my case ten years ago. My PSU, CPU AIO and GPU all have fans that operate only as dictated by set temperature curves. In casual usage like internet they are quite and idle. When running at overclocked speeds they are still quiet and rarely run at anything approaching fan max. . There are no case fans.

Read the chart in the gaming reviews. For 50 top Steam games Intel outperformed AMD's best by 5.5%. Intel's top chips also beats AMD in MS Office. The top system for a 9900k cost 7.5% less than AMD's 3950x best.

https://www.legitreviews.com/best-cpu-for-gaming-top-50-steam-games-benchmarked_218261/4
Wow 5% for the extra $300... money well spent there. Also why would you get a 3950X for gaming? I mean we could bring up workstation tasks between the 9900K and the 3950X see how the 5.5% looks there.

Last edited:

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
"It's Steam, mate. It doesn't account for everyone"

No just the 24.5 million game players on Steam at that time.

How much more did it cost for the Intel user to achieve such a feat though?

7.5% less than the AMD 3950x system.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@Gurg
1)"No just the 24.5 million game players on Steam at that time."
Sample size too small. There are what, some 8 billion people on Earth now?
Out of those, how many people play games? How many of those does Steam account for?

2)How many people buy a 3950X to just game on, as opposed to those buying a 9900K for said purpose?
Comparing these 2 for games simply because they're both the flagships of their respective product line - you've oversimplified it.

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V