Intel's USB Rock Star Was an Actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Conan's bit is funny. It's not like the guy in the Intel ad has to do any serious acting. If Intel is sponsoring the ad why didn't they get the real guy?

G

The interview sucked, but the new version of the commercial was hilarious lol

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
That's kind of sad.

I mean, the point of the Intel commercial: "Our heroes aren't like yours."

Soo... The point of using an actor was? You probably had to pay the actor more than you would have had to pay the real guy!

Kinda lame, that. :/ -1 for you, Intel, -1 indeed.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Why have an actor play the guy and not the real deal? So stupid, Intel.[/citation]

The real guy didnt need to be paid, he could probably Conan just to be on the show. He probably is even wealthier than Conan. THe point was, this guy changed history by creating something millions of ppl and businesses use in order to make money, create jobs, and thus stability and overall utility in the economy. Tell me how the USB doesnt change things?

He sure is more of a hero than the guy who saved grandmas cat or even back from an accident. He touched and changed more lives than a regular hero.

Here is why:
Q. Why didn’t you play yourself in the commercial?
This is one of the most asked questions. It keeps coming up again and again and again. Acting is just not my thing. Doing certain things would just not be natural for me. I think going with the actor is just fine.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
That quite an entertaining interview, thanks for the link Jane.

[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]The real guy didnt need to be paid, he could probably Conan just to be on the show. He probably is even wealthier than Conan. THe point was, this guy changed history by creating something millions of ppl and businesses use in order to make money, create jobs, and thus stability and overall utility in the economy. Tell me how the USB doesnt change things? He sure is more of a hero than the guy who saved grandmas cat or even back from an accident. He touched and changed more lives than a regular hero.[/citation]
I love the guy. Royalties for the FireWire are ridiculous.
Once the USB 3.0 is publically available on all modern chipsets, then I'll be a very happy man.
I'd think that a external ATI 4650 would even run decent on a single USB 3.0 port. An external 4650 would be awesome for laptop gaming. Using a single PCIe 2.0 lane can run a 5870 at an average of ~75% it's full 16x performance, so this is feasible.

Mach5Motorsport

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003
Man, this just bites. Is nothing true anywmore? The next thing we'll find out is that Silicon Valley doesn't make and assemble the computers we use. Wow, I'll have to be sitting down for that revelation.

Of course THAT is false. I see the computer buildings in the South Bay all over. Of course they make the computers ...All built by Santa's Elves on a work exchange program.

G

Just accept the fact.
I just do not understand why people do not agree that Intel commercial is verywell done. It is a super hit commercial today. The credit sure goes to the Director, producer and the cast. I am also trying to make a point further, that Sunil Narkar’s presence really made the difference.

I mean look at this Chinese version of the Intel commercial done by the same crew but with a different actor. Do you think real Ajay Bhatt accting in a commercial would have been successful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2cO0IEiiI4&feature=related

As an actor any publicity is a good publicity. The personality really gave an edge to this ad and made it successful. In the begining of the show, Conan made no secret of the financial incentive he had to do the interview but it was still pretty fun.

The interview was pretty one-sided with Conan doing almost all the talking. He did his best though but still had to reference a note-card for his one technical question. It wasn’t without it’s humor trying to hype the fight between firewire and USB.

I think people should be able to give more points to his acting, rockstar attitude, the bearing he carried and his looks. In short Sunil Narkar Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.