Discussion Intel's Xe-HPG DG2 High-End Gaming GPU Pictured ? **Rumor**

Hi, before continuing take this leak with a huge grain of salt, since the leaker has posted misleading info in the past. Though, there are still chances this leak migth turn out to be true. We seriously need a THIRD gaming GPU competitor in the market. I bet you all can agree with me on this one ?

Anyway, it appears that the first pictures of Intel's high-end Xe-HPG DG2 GPU-based discrete gaming graphics cards and specifications have been leaked by Moore's Law is Dead. The leaker has not only posted the first pictures of the engineering board but also detailed the specifications and expected performance numbers of the flagship part. Intel discrete graphics cards will fully support ray tracing and a range of other capabilities such as Intel's own DLSS competitor which is internally being referred to as XeSS (Xe Super Sampling).

As for the card itself, MLID states that the sample pictured is a very early engineering sample and not a final design. The card features an 8+6 pin connector configuration and MLID states that the expected TDP of the Intel Xe-HPG DG2 gaming discrete graphics card is expected to be up to 275W.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84IV8VmQoY4&ab_channel=Moore%27sLawIsDead

The model that was photographed from a few angles is equipped with 512 Execution Units, which means it’s the highest model in the upcoming lineup. The top DG2 512 EU variant has just one configuration listed so far and that utilizes the full die with 4096 cores, 256-bit bus interface, and up to 16 GB GDDR6 memory (8 GB GDDR6 listed too).

Also, it is stated that Intel's initial TDP target was 225-250W but that's been upped to around 275W now. We can expect a 300W variant with dual 8-pin connectors too if Intel wants to push its clocks even further.

As for performance we're looking at somewhere between NVIDIA's new Ampere-based GeForce RTX 3070 and GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards.

1Tm10mn.jpg

p2mjF6o.jpg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If it comes out this year, I'm going to try one out. And put it in an AMD system just for kicks.

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a DG1 just to see how it fairs in my HTPC.

If I were a betting man, same fans as some OEM Dell coolers. And very similar heatpipe/fan spacing layout to some Gainward cards.