News Intel's Xe-HPG GPU Shows Up in Game Requirements

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Considering that the Radeon RX 580 is about 50% faster than the GeForce GTX 680 you can not in any meaningful say compare the Xe-HPG with either of them.
It has a rather low and outdated spec, it even supports Windows 7!!

I wouldn't read much into those system requirements as an indicator how Intel's Xe graphics might perform, as it seems like they pulled all the recommendations out of a hat. There are large differences in the performance levels of each of the AMD/Nvidia/Intel hardware that's listed.

They list the GTX 460, Radeon HD 5750 and HD 630 all as minimum requirements, but a GTX 460 should offer nearly double the performance of a 5750, and more than double the performance of Intel's HD 630 graphics. Meanwhile, for the recommended requirements, an RX 580 should offer up to around 50% more performance over a GTX 680, so it's very possible that the Intel Xe-HPG could fall well above or below that range as well.

Considering that the Radeon RX 580 is about 50% faster than the GeForce GTX 680 you can not in any meaningful say compare the Xe-HPG with either of them.
Hah! I was just typing more or less the same thing, and the new post indicator popped up with your message before posting. I will post my same-ish response anyway. : P

Reactions: thisisaname

TRENDING THREADS