[SOLVED] Intense high -pitch coil whine

Mar 1, 2020
Hey, I just got a new build up and running that is running smoothly, the one downside being the coil whine. A mild coil whine I could tolerate but the amount i'm getting can't be ignored. Even with sound insulation built around the case it still packs a punch. Maybe someone with a similar build has had the same problem.
gpu Rtx 2080
mobo MPG x570
processor Ryzen 5 3600x
Scythe NInja 5 cpu cooler
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 2x8 GB ram
and an EVEA 1,000 watt PSU

Edit: It really only happens when playing graphics demanding games, sometimes.

I added a video show you can hear the pitch of this situation. Any clue what's going on or do I need to add some more sound insulation?

Lutfij

Titan
Your PSU for the build is overkill...you'd be able to get by with a reliably built 600~650W unit. Also, ouch, that does leave you feeling like you were hit with a stun grenade. You might want to make sure it's not the UPS's battery backup warning siren(which tells that the power is low for the UPS).

Reactions: The Outcast

Lutfij

Titan
Your PSU for the build is overkill...you'd be able to get by with a reliably built 600~650W unit. Also, ouch, that does leave you feeling like you were hit with a stun grenade. You might want to make sure it's not the UPS's battery backup warning siren(which tells that the power is low for the UPS).

Reactions: The Outcast
Mar 1, 2020
Is there any way to disable this siren. I don't think there is any serious malfunctions , and I read that siren goes off for minor issues too, I could be wrong, but I've managed to play games in 4k ultra like this with muffling headphones for an hour+ now, and my computer hasn't had any issues. Any suggestions on how to go about turning off the siren and/or making sure no problems arise either? Fyi i shut off my game to be careful, until this get's resolved.

Edit: I'm pretty sure my power supply doesn't have a UPS battery in it, I don't know why a siren would be going off. I don't think any of my system has a UPS battery. Theres got to be another reason. It sounds likea possible coil whining, but it's still a bit high pitched if it is just a coil whining... I got More questions, less answers.

Last edited:
Hey, I just got a new build up and running that is running smoothly, the one downside being the coil whine. A mild coil whine I could tolerate but the amount i'm getting can't be ignored. Even with sound insulation built around the case it still packs a punch. Maybe someone with a similar build has had the same problem.
gpu Rtx 2080
mobo MPG x570
processor Ryzen 5 3600x
Scythe NInja 5 cpu cooler
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 2x8 GB ram
and an EVEA 1,000 watt PSU

Edit: It really only happens when playing graphics demanding games, sometimes.

I added a video show you can hear the pitch of this situation. Any clue what's going on or do I need to add some more sound insulation?
I get some coil whine with my Corsair HX1000 PSU although it could be coming from your GPU if it is only when playing games. I tend to have the sound on while playing so I wouldn't hear any coil whine if it happens.

Mar 1, 2020
I get some coil whine with my Corsair HX1000 PSU although it could be coming from your GPU if it is only when playing games. I tend to have the sound on while playing so I wouldn't hear any coil whine if it happens.
ok good to know, I think it might be the gpu... Does it sound similar to the video I posted and does that sound like familiar coil whine you?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS