kraftmacincheese

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you all could help me put together a kik butt water cooling setup? I am going to be getting the new 6 core Intel processor that is out and also going to get the Fermi video card as well. I want to create a real awesome water cooling setup for the processor and GPU.
Ok so here is the pump I want to use...
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=JW1123&child=JW1123&utm_source=mdcsegooglebase2&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=mdcsegooglebase2&utm_content=JW1123

Now what else would I need to get this thing working? Like blocks, radiators, tube suggestions etc etc..
Thanks guys! :D

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
If you go to your loacl Best Buy store and talk to a salesman at $13 an hour you'll get ??.

Its a hobby.

You can buy a massive Alienware with watercooling or you can spend a few weeks learning. I'm a great watercooler. I can spnd my time freely ore deal with another clueless person who needs help. I can make a list of great parts once I know what your trying to cool. You got no clue tho.

Send me $500 paypal and I'll help.

Otherwise you need to start at the top of this forum, cya in a week or more once you get a clue.

Gaa I hate these stupid posts. Start at the top of this forum, a sticky, maybe doing a bit of effort reading many posts.

BTW, my rig, I have a clue. Only took me three monts a few years ago to even get a beginning clue. Reading 3-4 forums daily.

http://www.overclockers.com/annual-water-cooling-cleaning-rebuild-journal/

Boy you got a LOT to learn...............

kraftmacincheese

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
It was just a question. Why not instead of acting like a douche, you try treating me with a bit of respect and just tell me what to do politely?
I know exactly what I want to cool, you don't have to be a dick about it.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I been at this a long time, your uninformed and have no clue. Being a dick to you might open your eyes to the stoopidity of your post. You got NO clue about watercooling. Hope it helps.

BTW, that pump has a VERY high heat dump and is an AC pump and needs a special $60+ relay setup to run with a PC off on cycle. The price is almost DOUBLE of what we use in PC's. And 3-4 times as big. So, you can see you have no clue at all.

The MCP 355 is as good, uses 18 watts (heat added to the loop) and is a DC 12VDC pump, perfect for a PC. There is also aftermarket restops that increase flow and pressure, and have a built in res. Ohh?? Why a resiviour? Duuu....

CYA in a few weeks once you learn. Mmany links in the sticky at the top (I wrote it) to get you started.

I woke you up. Thats all I did, no offense, but you really needed the slap.......

kraftmacincheese

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
You woke me up?? lmao!! Funny
You first assume that I would run that pump inside my computer and that lapsed heat would even be a object to my project. Again.. I don't know what your problem is but I don't take a word you say for even a dollars worth. I will brainstorm with people who don't have to overcompensate for having small penis syndrome.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Hehe, good one.

You still have no clue, I have a small one. I have kids, good job, so what if I make 100k a year and have a small one and have a clue, been building PCs since 1985, taught electronics, really ben arond being old and such.

I been on here a long time. I see these questions more than a few times a year. Nothing new, same input. There is only TWO qualified watercoolers here. I'm one of them.

Yea, major slam, but take it right, you need to learn.

Reading the sticky at the top of this section will help out enormously.

I'm sick of spoon feeding people like you.

matvey

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

1 ask your self a question do you really need this pump? this is DC pump working on the transformer plug in the outlet AC. am i right? plus what is the temperature range for this pump? it is large, where you going to mount it? the pump has to be lower then your Reservoir. please at list read this one http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=282232

kraftmacincheese

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

That's fine.. you don't have to spoon feed me. I can do it myself just fine :)
Thank you anyway :hello:

kraftmacincheese

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

Thank you for that well articulated comment and suggestion. That was very professional of you. And just so all of you know, I'm not an idiot lol I know the basics of search and find everybody. I wasn't asking for the basics, I was asking for what other extreme parts do any of you think I could add to this pump such as radiators, reservoirs/dual reservoirs, etc etc..
I was looking to build a "kik butt cooling setup".. I know it's an extreme powerhouse of overpressure and heat that shouldn't be IN a computer- I was thinking of mounting it on top of my Cube (18x18x18 case). I know about modding already. Now though I don't know everything about water cooling, I do know that I want something that is overkill. I said that I had a pump that I wanted to use. I PRESENTED an object to work with to show you what I have in mind. An object to build a "kik butt cooling setup" around. I intend to build a gaming server/video editing/rendering BEAST that is going to need incredible cooling .. the pump was the first step towards that, had someone asked me politely like Matvey.. ya may have made yourself look a little bit less like an ass. Who knows.. maybe someone could have come up with something cool like putting a cooler or dehumidifier in the loop.. create something NEW! YES I know it is "more expensive" than what you pay for in computer stuff Conundrum.. don't ya think that if I were to get a 1100 dollar processor that I would have the money to invest into more parts for the cooling setup considering the very pump I presented?
Seriously guys (not you Matvey) did your wives just piss you off recently or something? I mean seriously.. do you really need to treat people so mean? I mean OK sure.. yea.. tell someone that they need to go look at a sticky or another thread.. fine. But why do you desire to bring people down? Why the harshness? I have done you no wrong and mean you no ill will.. why would you want to treat others as if they have wronged you when they have not?
Either way.. I will leave you be. I will end this.
Besides.. I've decided to go cryo anyway :) Woot!

matvey

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

you want the list of parts, that you can use with your pump and that is it?

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Kraftmacincheese, both Conundrum and Shadow703793 have been working this board for a long time, and yes, they may have become a bit jaded responding to posts from users who want to build a "kik butt watercooling setup."

Those of us who have taken the effort to learn did it first by READING everything we could find. We did not ask to be spoonfed, but instead read just about every forum post we could find. Google or Bing are your friends.

For your information, even with a six-core processor, you are not going to experience any greater amount of heat than we have already encountered in the past. Due to smaller manufacturing and energy-saving technologies, even a six-core processor today doesn't hold a candle to some of the energy-intense Netburst processors Intel released 4-6 years ago, when I started to build WC rigs.

The newer cores are all capably handled with air cooling, and water cooling really is something that is either done by absolute enthusiasts looking for the best overclock or modders who do not have room for air cooling in some of their builds. A subset of the overclockers have gone on to more exotic cooling extremes, such as phase change or LN2. But even these guys use water cooling for their everyday rigs.

The pump you are looking at is overkill. Conundrum is right, if you are cooling just one rig, it would dump way too much heat into your loop for the amount of water it would move. Add to that the additional cost of the relay, and you would end up spending as much on your pump as you would for half of the rest of your system.

Now, if you were looking at an institutional setup where you are cooling multiple machines with one very big, reliable pump, something like this would make sense. You would need high flow and a big head on a pump moving more than one cooling loop.

As for the OCZ Cryo Z, this is a phase change cooler. You will absolutely have to use silicone conformal coating on your mainboard to prevent condensation from damaging the board. You will also have to use neoprene around the CPU socket for the same reason, since the cooler will get below freezing and any moisture in the air will condense around any of the exposed metal. You have to do this any time you cool below sub-ambient.

Good luck on the phase-change cooling. You have an even more steep learning curve ahead. Have fun with conformal coating...I know, I've done it. Just wait till you get your first fry, and have to replace your mainboard and do it all over again. It happens, I've done that too.

If you do decide to watercool, read read read read READ. There is a lot of information out there, some of it old, some new, a lot of it very useful. I've been aroudn the block more than twice, and will be the first to tell you that watercooling, while still a fringe endeavor, will give you the best bang for your buck when it comes to cooling and maintenance of that cooling system.