Question Intensive games freezes for a millisecond at a time

chammar

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
Hello all, I've been dealing with this issue on my self-built PC for quite sometime now, only recently decided to make a post here.
The issue usually comes up nowadays when I am playing COD Modern Warfare, although I don't think this is the only game that has this problem.
The issue is: Usually during intense times like, during battles, my frames freeze for a millisecond, sometimes back to back occurrences.

EDIT: I just noticed that XMP was not actived for my RAM all this time. I just set it to profile 1, do you think this was the problem?

For some context, I recently upgraded my GPU to a EVGA 1060 6GB ssc from a Asus 1050ti cerberus, and from what I remember this issue also happened on my 1050ti. So, my guess is it is something other than the GPU. Could it be a RAM or CPU bottleneck? I have no idea and could not find anyone else with a similar issue.

PC Build:
CPU: i5 8400k 8th gen
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: EVGA 1060 6GB ssc
PSU: EVGA 500 Watts Bronze
If you would like me to elaborate more on the issue please let me know. Thanks in advance.

chammar

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
I figured out the problem. When I game, my CPU percentage is usually in and around 95%-100% which is causing occasional freezes when things get intense. Currently trying to find a solution