Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...

Sunhill

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
wrote:

>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...

why, do they play in the premiership now?
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Chris F wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>>

> why, do they play in the premiership now?

Ehm....what?

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:50:50 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
wrote:

>Chris F wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>>>

>> why, do they play in the premiership now?
>
>Ehm....what?

inter fans have behaved like cunts for years now, ask arsenal fans
from last year, newcastle fans from a year or so before that.

my point is, if it were and english side involved in such a situation,
uefa would cry bloody murder.

something tells me inter will get a slap on the wrist, as usual.
--

wrote:

>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>
>Sunhill

Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.

-Nick

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:44 +0300, Nick the Greek wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>>
>>Sunhill
>
> Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.

I'd be more worried what's gonna happen outside the stadium and around the
city.

Early reports say there has been no trouble. Liverpool fans are lowkey
apparently and it's raining a bit so the Ultras probably don't have an
umbrell, that or they don't want to carry one as their hands needs to be
used for weapons of course.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

MrT

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:30:19 +0100, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:44 +0300, Nick the Greek wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>>>
>>>Sunhill
>>
>> Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.
>>

>I'd be more worried what's gonna happen outside the stadium and around the
>city.
>
>Early reports say there has been no trouble. Liverpool fans are lowkey
>apparently and it's raining a bit so the Ultras probably don't have an
>umbrell, that or they don't want to carry one as their hands needs to be
>used for weapons of course.

I dont understand why flares are even allowed into games at all,
they're really just ready made dangerous projectiles, as we saw with
the one hitting Dida, who's been treated for first degree burns now.

Go to an english ground and you'll often be stopped from taking a
plastic bottle in, let alone anything else, so why cant other
countries adopt this?

And even when flares are kept in the hands of those that brought them,
they must obscure the view for many other fans.

--
MrT
#agcm on Undernet

MrT wrote:

> I dont understand why flares are even allowed into games at all,
> they're really just ready made dangerous projectiles, as we saw with
> the one hitting Dida, who's been treated for first degree burns now.

They're not allowed, people smuggle them into the stadium.

> Go to an english ground and you'll often be stopped from taking a
> plastic bottle in, let alone anything else, so why cant other
> countries adopt this?

The control at the gates can never be that efficient to stop every
potentially harmful object. And even if it were, there are always
other ways (having your man inside the club or security, hiding stuff
on the stands before the game). After all, this happened in Italy
where clubs are practically ran by Ultras leaders (remember Roma -
Lazio last year?). It's true that this doesn't happen in England, but
that's because your stadiums have video surveillance (well, Italian
have it too, but you actually use it) and the perpetrators would be
identified within minutes.

I personally have nothing against flares when used reasonably (not
thrown onto the pitch or at other fans), but that's probably 'cause
I'm used to them. It's just a part of the fans' ritual in these parts
of Europe (Italy, Croatia, Greece...).

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Clash - Police & Thieves

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:44 +0300, Nick the Greek wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>>>
>>>Sunhill
>>
>>Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.
>>

> I'd be more worried what's gonna happen outside the stadium and around the
> city.
>
> Early reports say there has been no trouble. Liverpool fans are lowkey
> apparently and it's raining a bit so the Ultras probably don't have an
> umbrell, that or they don't want to carry one as their hands needs to be
> used for weapons of course.

Spoke to soon Dan...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4434413.stm

--
"Arsenal are the football club with class and dignity in English
football. " - Ian Harvey, April 2005

MrT wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:30:19 +0100, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:44 +0300, Nick the Greek wrote:

>>>Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.
>>>

>>I'd be more worried what's gonna happen outside the stadium and around the
>>city.
>>
>>Early reports say there has been no trouble. Liverpool fans are lowkey
>>apparently and it's raining a bit so the Ultras probably don't have an
>>umbrell, that or they don't want to carry one as their hands needs to be
>>used for weapons of course.
>

> I dont understand why flares are even allowed into games at all,
> they're really just ready made dangerous projectiles, as we saw with
> the one hitting Dida, who's been treated for first degree burns now.
>
> Go to an english ground and you'll often be stopped from taking a
> plastic bottle in, let alone anything else, so why cant other
> countries adopt this?
>
> And even when flares are kept in the hands of those that brought them,
> they must obscure the view for many other fans.

Welcome back stranger!

Listening to Talksport this morning to the former chief of 'sorting out
football hooliganism in England' blokey, he said that these countries
need to sort out CCTV of their grounds, sort our segragation (sp?) and
better searches prior to entering the ground!

But it'll never happen.

Will Italian clubs be banned for fan violence like the English clubs in
the 80s? No chance!

--

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:01:14 +0200, Sunhill <ohwhatthehell@for.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>>
>>Sunhill
>

> Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.
>
> -Nick

39 Liverpool fans dying?

Jabberwocky

Well as they've never banned turkish teams for similar incidents, i don't
see why they would ban inter. not the clubs fault their fans are wankers.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk
"Sunhill" <ohwhatthehell@for.com> wrote in message
> Anyone else guessing Inter will be banned for a while...
>
> Sunhill

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:10:54 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well as they've never banned turkish teams for similar incidents, i don't
>see why they would ban inter. not the clubs fault their fans are wankers.

bullshit, the club has a responsibility to ensure the safety of the
players and other fans in the ground.

its lax security, and theres no excuse for it.
--

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:14:27 +0100, MrT wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:30:19 +0100, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:44 +0300, Nick the Greek wrote:

>>> Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.
>>>

>>I'd be more worried what's gonna happen outside the stadium and around the
>>city.
>>
>>Early reports say there has been no trouble. Liverpool fans are lowkey
>>apparently and it's raining a bit so the Ultras probably don't have an
>>umbrell, that or they don't want to carry one as their hands needs to be
>>used for weapons of course.
>
> I dont understand why flares are even allowed into games at all,
> they're really just ready made dangerous projectiles, as we saw with
> the one hitting Dida, who's been treated for first degree burns now.
>
> Go to an english ground and you'll often be stopped from taking a
> plastic bottle in, let alone anything else, so why cant other
> countries adopt this?
>
> And even when flares are kept in the hands of those that brought them,
> they must obscure the view for many other fans.

In England we're not even allowed to take flag poles into the stadium,
Serie A seems to have 10ft poles. The bottle thing makes me laugh, as when
you buy a drink in the stadium, they take away the bottle top as it can be
used as a projectile. What about the bottle??

I wondered how the Bayern fans managed to bring flares into Highbury. Why
would you want to anyway? I understand it is a different football culture
on the continent but what is the point of flares in the stadium?

You can go back to the infamous San Siro scooter incident, seriously, how
the hell do you get a scooter in the stadium?? Especially from one of the
higher tiers as those stairs are a bastard.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:16:43 +0100, Toby Briggs wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:44 +0300, Nick the Greek wrote:

>>>Makes you wonder what's gonna happen tonight in Delle Alpi.
>>>

>> I'd be more worried what's gonna happen outside the stadium and around the
>> city.
>>
>> Early reports say there has been no trouble. Liverpool fans are lowkey
>> apparently and it's raining a bit so the Ultras probably don't have an
>> umbrell, that or they don't want to carry one as their hands needs to be
>> used for weapons of course.
>>

> Spoke to soon Dan...
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4434413.stm

I noticed the fans throwing stuff beforehand. What is the point?? I
seriously don't get it.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:10:54 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well as they've never banned turkish teams for similar incidents, i don't
>see why they would ban inter. not the clubs fault their fans are wankers.

I predict that Inter will be banned for 1 or 2 years. I demand extra
points if my prediction is right.

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >Well as they've never banned turkish teams for similar incidents, i don't
> >see why they would ban inter. not the clubs fault their fans are wankers.

> I predict that Inter will be banned for 1 or 2 years. I demand extra
> points if my prediction is right.

Not accepted, but if it's wrong you'll get negative points.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Broken Social Scene - Stars and Sons

> Go to an english ground and you'll often be stopped from taking a
> plastic bottle in, let alone anything else, so why cant other
> countries adopt this?

But isn't that more so they can fleece you for one in the ground?

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> You can go back to the infamous San Siro scooter incident, seriously, how
> the hell do you get a scooter in the stadium?? Especially from one of the
> higher tiers as those stairs are a bastard.

In pieces. You also get a screwdriver in. Simple as that.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Smiths - The Boy With the Thorn in His Side

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:46:03 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>> You can go back to the infamous San Siro scooter incident, seriously, how
>> the hell do you get a scooter in the stadium?? Especially from one of the
>> higher tiers as those stairs are a bastard.
>
>In pieces. You also get a screwdriver in. Simple as that.

yeah, because youd purposefully dismantle it, then smuggle it into the
stadium in bits, then reassemble it just to chuck it off the edge.

cos that makes a load of sense.
--

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:46:03 +0200, Miljenko wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>> You can go back to the infamous San Siro scooter incident, seriously, how
>> the hell do you get a scooter in the stadium?? Especially from one of the
>> higher tiers as those stairs are a bastard.
>
> In pieces. You also get a screwdriver in. Simple as that.

I doubt they could smuggle in stuff like wheels under their coat.

"Wait! Where you going with that petrol tank?"

"This? no, this is erm, a drum..yeah a drum..* BONG* Forza Inter!"

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Chris F wrote:

> >> You can go back to the infamous San Siro scooter incident, seriously, how
> >> the hell do you get a scooter in the stadium?? Especially from one of the
> >> higher tiers as those stairs are a bastard.

> >In pieces. You also get a screwdriver in. Simple as that.

> yeah, because youd purposefully dismantle it, then smuggle it into the
> stadium in bits, then reassemble it just to chuck it off the edge.
>
> cos that makes a load of sense.

LOL, you actually thought I was serious? :) Anyway, chucking it off
the edge doesn't make a lot of sense to me even without the
dis/re-assembling it...

--

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:07:29 +0200, Miljenko wrote:

>>>In pieces. You also get a screwdriver in. Simple as that.
>
>> yeah, because youd purposefully dismantle it, then smuggle it into the
>> stadium in bits, then reassemble it just to chuck it off the edge.
>>
>> cos that makes a load of sense.
>
> LOL, you actually thought I was serious? :) Anyway, chucking it off
> the edge doesn't make a lot of sense to me even without the
> dis/re-assembling it...

I can't see how it would make it from the top of the curva to the pitch
anyway, surely you would need some sort of Interisti Martyr to drive it
off?

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:10:54 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Well as they've never banned turkish teams for similar incidents, i don't
>>see why they would ban inter. not the clubs fault their fans are wankers.
>

> I predict that Inter will be banned for 1 or 2 years. I demand extra
> points if my prediction is right.
>
> -Nick

Sorry, Nicky boy - no extra points awarded, here have a biscuit instead...

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> You can go back to the infamous San Siro scooter incident, seriously, how
> the hell do you get a scooter in the stadium?? Especially from one of the
> higher tiers as those stairs are a bastard.

Must have been his ride home.....hehehe