Interesting , dangerous flight plans?

Rubix

Hi all,
Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info about
about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you have had
recently.

I am a bit bored with my flights.

Rubix

There was until recently a website with the sort of information after which
you hanker called dangerousairports.com I believe it has now gone but
others mat know of its new location.
Meanwhile have a look here for the thrills you seek
http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/courch.htm

"Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
> about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
> have had recently.
>
> I am a bit bored with my flights.
>

> Rubix

GREGORY

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:15:22 +0100, "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi all,
>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info about
>about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you have had
>recently.
>
>I am a bit bored with my flights.
>

>Rubix

here's one.. are you a GA simmer? or jets?

for Jets.. how about Medford Oregon USA approach from the south.
Here's a view of Medford (and valley).. left departure from Runway 32.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Medford.jpg (369k)

It's not so easy.. there's some Magnetic North concerns (or perhaps I
was confused). Careful with clearing terrain to the south.. now add
clouds.. there's just about enough time and space to clear the ridge
and descend to the field. There's some offset involved too. Here's the
Back Course approach plate and my `Visual' sketched in (yellow trace).

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/KMFR-BC_vis.gif

now try to make a custom FSNav approach plan with ALTs.. better yet
make up some FSNav closed traffic files.. from outside ASHIE. There
are 6,000 ft terrain contours around there. If you're in-route from
the south.. see Mt. Shasta (EL 14,162 ft) there 10mi east of Weed,
California.

-G

p.s. if you don't know what you're doing (like me) it's a challenge..

Get into a GA aircraft. Slew up to 3,000 ft unslew, and turn upside down.
Let go of all the controls and see if you can get out of it before you
crash?
This is fun IRL and would be fun in the sim!

Sincerely Quilljar

'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

wrote:

>Hi all,
>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info about
>about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you have had
>recently.
>
>I am a bit bored with my flights.
>

>Rubix

Go to http://www.battleoftheairlines.org/
You can download the various planes and race segment scenery and
flightplans.
Each years race consists of 8 legs, using planes of many types,
including a helicopter. 1 week each, post your best time. This is not
online, you install & fly the legs on your own time & convenience,
They are very interesting and challenging. 2 years ago the final leg
was a trip to the moon. (FS2002) They have done this for FREE for the
last several years. I have participated as part of Livewire Airlines
team. You can also fly the race freelance, but flying with a team is
best for exploring and using all the strategies that are available to
get the best times. The actual race is awesome, compelling, addicting
and insane! Great stuff if you have 8 weeks to spend going crazy!

Try http://www.fsdestinations.com/

See also the first link in my signature -- lots of ideas there.

In article <430a6a9e$0$22919$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>,
chessmaster@gmx.co.uk (Rubix) wrote:

> *From:* "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
> *Date:* Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:15:22 +0100
>
> Hi all,
> Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
> about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
> have had recently.
>
> I am a bit bored with my flights.
>

> Rubix

Join Vatsim and experience ATC that is as real as you are! Try a mass
fly-in either IFR or VFR. Or a real-ops night, where we try to faithfully
recreate that evenings real operations at a particular airport. Or fly to
another country and talk to controllers who really do come from that
country, and you have to fly according to the proper procedures and not
MSFS default.

Ruth McTighe
Deputy Director, VATSIM-UK
www.vatsim.net
www.vatsim-uk.org

>> *From:* "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
>> *Date:* Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:15:22 +0100
>>
>> Hi all,
>> Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
>> about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
>> have had recently.
>>
>> I am a bit bored with my flights.
>>

>> Rubix

Go fetch yourself a nice fighter or business jet and chase an AI
aircraft from takeoff to landing.

It's not as easy as it sounds ;-))

-=tom=-

"Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in

> Hi all,
> Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
> about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
> have had recently.
>
> I am a bit bored with my flights.
>

> Rubix

CAR3 to CYPS in a C172!

En route, do not go above 3,000 feet. In other words, get to your
destination a/p through valleys and not over the top.

If you are adventurous (and who isn't ;) ), config weather with low, 3500'
ceiling, light rain and gusty winds. Take off at dawn. Try this flight
with limited viewing of the terrain on your GPS/Map. Or, just use GPS w/o
terrain to let you know that you are at least going in the right direction.

I've found three different routes to get there. Flying the lakes is the
easy one.

And if you do not succeed, try, try again !

--
e v e n S k y

Athalon XP2800
1 G Ram
GeForce FX5900XT
160G H-D
80G H-D
XP, FS9
Wingman Strike force 3D
CH yoke n' pedals

Arthur Dent wrote:
> There was until recently a website with the sort of information after which
> you hanker called dangerousairports.com I believe it has now gone but
> others mat know of its new location.
> Meanwhile have a look here for the thrills you seek
> http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/courch.htm
>

> "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
>>about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
>>have had recently.
>>
>>I am a bit bored with my flights.
>>

>>Rubix

All of Mike Dougherty's Dangerous Approaches can be downloaded from:

http://www.fsimcafe.com/Library/ShowCurrent.aspx?CategoryID=23

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

evenSky wrote:

> "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in
>

>>Hi all,
>>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
>>about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
>>have had recently.
>>
>>I am a bit bored with my flights.
>>

>>Rubix

Check "gray and rainy" or if adventurous, choose "Major Thunderstorm"

Plop your aircraft down somewhere in the mountains. (ala pin the tail on
the donkey)

Use the GPS as a moving map.

Try to navigate to an airfield at least 50 miles away.

NOTE: If you pick an aircraft with a high stall speed, you're flirting
with danger.

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noe01.jpg

> CAR3 to CYPS in a C172!
>
> En route, do not go above 3,000 feet. In other words, get to your
> destination a/p through valleys and not over the top.
>
> If you are adventurous (and who isn't ;) ), config weather with low, 3500'
> ceiling, light rain and gusty winds. Take off at dawn. Try this flight
> with limited viewing of the terrain on your GPS/Map. Or, just use GPS w/o
> terrain to let you know that you are at least going in the right direction.
>
> I've found three different routes to get there. Flying the lakes is the
> easy one.
>
> And if you do not succeed, try, try again !

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in

> evenSky wrote:
>
>> "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
>>>about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights
>>>you have had recently.
>>>
>>>I am a bit bored with my flights.
>>>

>>>Rubix
>

> Check "gray and rainy" or if adventurous, choose "Major Thunderstorm"
>
> Plop your aircraft down somewhere in the mountains. (ala pin the tail
> on the donkey)
>
> Use the GPS as a moving map.
>
> Try to navigate to an airfield at least 50 miles away.
>
> NOTE: If you pick an aircraft with a high stall speed, you're
> flirting with danger.
>
> http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noe01.jpg
>

>> CAR3 to CYPS in a C172!
>>
>> En route, do not go above 3,000 feet. In other words, get to your
>> destination a/p through valleys and not over the top.
>>
>> If you are adventurous (and who isn't ;) ), config weather with low,
>> 3500' ceiling, light rain and gusty winds. Take off at dawn. Try
>> this flight with limited viewing of the terrain on your GPS/Map. Or,
>> just use GPS w/o terrain to let you know that you are at least going
>> in the right direction.
>>
>> I've found three different routes to get there. Flying the lakes is
>> the easy one.
>>
>> And if you do not succeed, try, try again !

Whats the prize if you get out?

--
e v e n S k y

Athalon XP2800