Interesting, frustrating, and confusing issue.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I'll start with the basics. my system consists of.
Mobo- Asus H87m-Plus
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 760
CPU- i5 4670k
Ram - 16 GB DDR3 corsair XMS3
PSU - corsair cx650m
Windows 10 home - 64 bit.

The issue that I've been having, basically since the creation of this PC, is when I boot it up, it seems to not start with the proper video drivers (not all the time, but about 50% of the time).
The fans all go to full rev and if I try to launch a game like that I get an error message stating that I don't have the proper device drivers installed.
When the system gets rebooted (sometimes twice) it magically finds those drivers and everything works fine until the next time it gets booted up.

It did the same thing on Windows 7, when I had that installed and the problem migrated into windows 10 when I got that upgraded.

In my mind changing the OS completely would eliminate a conflict happening with a windows driver conflicting with a device driver. But I honestly am not savvy enough to really know these things for sure.

I am currently in the process of building myself a new system, so it's not the end of the world if this problem doesn't get solved I suppose, but I thought it was a interesting issue that I've never really been able to pin down.

Just thought I would share it, because there is people in this community far smarter with this kind of stuff, than I am. Thought some one may be able to shed some light on it.

Thanks, and sorry if this is in the wrong place.

The prime mediocre

Distinguished
There's a free utility called Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) that is popular for these kinds of issues. There are links here: http://

Apparently, the process of installing a new driver doesn't always properly clear the old ones out. Once you've downloaded DDU and the newest Nvidia driver, you just boot into safe mode (http:// if you need it), run DDU ("clean and restart") then once you've rebooted into normal Windows 10 you can install the new drivers.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Okay. Thanks for the tip i'm going to go give it a try now, see if it helps out at all.

Cheers.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

This problem existed before the OS change, on Windows 7. When I switched to Windows 10, I did a DBAN clean on my HDD, and then installed Windows 10 on a new SSD I had purchased, I would figure that would of been sufficient enough.
Could be wrong though.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

There would be some modifying I would need to do to me case to get my GPU to sit that low, but that's a good idea too. Thanks.

Just downloaded DDU so i'm going to cross that off the list first.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Well, DDU didn't seem to do the job, still having issues, I guess the next step would be to try another PCI slot, which I would need to modify this case to do. Fortunately I will have all my parts for a new system build as of wednesday, so i'll be starting from scratch.

TRENDING THREADS