Interesting things about the 5xxx series

From here
http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7641
•Battleforge DirectX 10/DirectX 10.1 performance improves of up to 50% with the largest gains in configurations using ATI CrossFireX™ technology.
•Company of Heroes DirectX 10 performance improves of up to 77%.

•Crysis DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 10% and quad mode performance improves of up to 34%.

•Crysis Warhead DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 7% and quad mode performance improves of up to 69%.
•Far Cry 2 DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 50% and quad mode performance improves of up to 88%.

•Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. DirectX 10/DirectX 10.1 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 40% and with quad mode performance improving of up to 60%.

•UnigineTropics OpenGL performance improvements of up to 20%.

•UnigineTropics DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in quad mode improvements of up to 20%.

•World in Conflict DirectX 10 performance improvements of up to by 10%.

And more info here
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1040/1/
And a picture of the card
directx11_videocard.jpg

Rumor has it, the top card is 4 cored, imagine that

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I'm having a hard time comprehending 4 cores on one GPU. lol. That sounds great, but we've heard those rumors months ago about the 4 cores. I wouldn't doubt it. AMD has said their highest end chip would come later, of course. Can't wait!

If these release in Sep, then all new drivers? Fair enough
Having a triple link is odd, and having only half a slot for air cooling is even moreso, plus the length of the card, and all the rumors for the last 2 years, sounds ok too

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

Definately, like, if that is the 4 gpu card, you're telling me that little exhaust port is going to get rid of heat for four gpus ?

It probably couldn't do one gpu for that matter, and why use all those ports on the back ?

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
if you look close @ the picture the card looks like a two PCB card like the GTX x2, the vents above (and below for that matter)the card are the not for the card but the case

This isnt the top card. Its the same one chiphell did a pic of, and during the early DX11 demos.
Specualtion is, if this is a multi, its only a dual, or around the 295 perf, as rumor has it.
Take 2 4890s at 40nm, and dumb em down abit

Well, this is all speculation, but this picture obviously has something over the top, hiding something
20090728094608914.png

I dunno tho, it really doesnt look like 2 pcbs, but then again, people are saying this isnt the top model either.
Who knows? All Im saying is, the rumors still alive and well this late in the game

Thats true, if its the old smae approach. Theres tons of speculation that DX11 has actually helped in the implementation of sharing more than just shader tasks, maybe making it easier for memory etc as well.
I dont and wont get carried away with this, but until we know for sure, Im not eliminating it either.
The last launch, it was waaaay earlier before the launch these rumors were dispelled, and yet this time, they still persist.
Its a possible option

Since this thread is a rumor thread, and theres no hard links, other rumors running is, the NDA holds thru Sep, and launch wont be til Oct 2nd week, but again, its a rumor, based on the invite only Sept 10th posting weve seen, meaning press mainly, with a few others.
Either way, its close

rawsteel

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
22" is for sure mistranslated. Probably 22 cm or about 9".

Anyway , does anyone knows if there are final specs published somewhere and if so provide link, or everything is in the gray area still?

Thanks