Interface CRC error count attention, hd tune (people say not to worry..?)

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
Hi,

I just installed the HD Tune pro 5.60, as Seatools could not detect my Seagate HDD (I phoned Seagate and they said it is not always compatible for W10 but it can sometimes work..?).

I ran the HD Tune scan to check my internal Seagate HDD.

Reason to Scan HDD: Saturday morning my screen froze and received a “Reboot and Select proper Boot device” which was completely random and has never happened before. I mean, I was defragging that night as well. I phoned Cyperpower PC (today) and they said it is most likely that a file was moved during defrag. He said its nothing to worry about, as its a moved file or something? My PC and HDD are working completely fine since I restarted from the message.

Not sure if you know more about this issue?

HD Tune Scan: Anyway, I ran a scan using HD Tune and received an ‘attention’ for the 'Interface CRC Error Count'. Could you let me know what this is and if I should worry about upgrading? (Please find attached the screenshots).

Benchmark: http://imgur.com/a/qX54k

Healthcheck with 'attention sign: http://imgur.com/a/8zjRF

Nearly all threads online said not to worry (unless it increases/decreases), especially as my 'Data' is only 1, so that means 1 file is missing?
This file might have been moved from defrag and caused the issue?
People also say it could be SATA cable?

Regards,

Costa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”, I have been advised on this forum and also from Seagate and Cyperpower to backup. They told me my HDD should be fine but backup anway. So will purchase an external HDD for backup and also a new internal HDD (can you recommended any?) to Clone my Current files/HDD.

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014

Ye will go ahead with that soon. Just looking at what external HD, internal HDD and maybe SSD to buy. Hopefully someone can reassure me with this Interface CRC also :)

Cheers