Question Intermittent CPU Error

Jul 13, 2019
Specs:
Motherboard – B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (Bios up to date with beta bios)
CPU: Ryzen 3600
GPU: RTX 2080 (Rog Strix)
PSU: SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750 W
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 16C

This is my first build, basically it went together all fine. First time I booted I got the EZ Debug “CPU error” occur. I updated bios once more and it then booted and worked fine all day installing everything with multiple restarts (20+). Then the next morning I have another CPU error, which I cleared CMOS (nothing in bios was changed expect CPU to DC because it is a 3 pin) and after two or three attempts it booted fine, this continued to do so for the rest of the day. Third day it booted fine with no problems. I contacted MSI to see if they had any reports with the BETA BIOS causing this issue and they basically said never heard of this happening in any system….. Fourth day it doesn’t work again. I reseat the CPU, change thermal paste and switch RAM sticks (They have always been installed in DIMMA 2 and 4). Works fine for rest of the day. Next morning, first boot goes well, but second has issue, I pulled all cables out of PSU and plugged them in thinking maybe they weren’t seated properly. Worked fine for few hours, then CPU error again tonight when I tried to turn it on. After trying 3 or 4 more times it just starts working. Seriously doing my head in, has anyone ever dealt with this issue, could it simply be that the BIOS is still in beta with some errors? Nothing skips a beat once it is running, no random crashes or freezes. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jul 13, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I would consider going through this guide entirely first: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Have you checked CPU/Socket for bent pins?
Unfortunately, as I stated it is working intermittently (more times then not) and it isn't crashing or having ANY problems. However, I went through the list you posted and the list it directed myself toward to no avail. It has happened probably 5 of 50 or so startups, each from a cold start.