[SOLVED] Intermittent cpu light on mobo. No post. Multiple troubleshooting tactics tried.

Aug 18, 2020
Hi everyone!

In currently having issues with my pc. Ive recently had the cpu light intermittently appearing ans stopping my pc going to bios/ post.

I have trawled through posts for solutions and had minimal success. If i remove ram, gpu and disconnect ssds and cmos batt, reset and turn on 7/10 itll boot to bios. The other 3 will result in cpu light turning in again. If i get to bios i csn check details but once i save and restart it has the same issue.
I have update bios via flash and restarted. Still same issue.
However sometimes itll just boot up no issues and once its on everything is fine.

Unfortunately i dont have other components to test things and feel i havs exhausted all other options at this point.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what might be the issue wnd what i could potentially do to resolve it. Unfortunately my financial situation wont allow me to purchase any further parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!! Let me know if you require further info.

The pc is relatively old and built with second hand parts so i understand it may require a new component when i can.

Thanks again

Solution
It could be an intermittent connection between the CPU and the socket.
I would power down....clean with contact cleaner....let dry....power up and try again,