[SOLVED] Intermittent game crashes

Sep 11, 2019
So I've been having this issue since I built this system a month ago. I have been getting various errors in event viewer, errors 10016 and 1000. I have tried older and newer nvidia drivers to no avail. Specs are i7-9700k, 32 gb ram at 3200, msi 1060 6gb, corsair 800 watt psu running the most recent windows 10. This is the most common error and causes the game to close without an error message on screen. I have tried a fresh windows install and was still getting the error with only chrome, steam, and the game installed. I have the same issue with other games aswell, browsing never crashes.

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d788332
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 26.21.14.3086, time stamp: 0x5ce5b9be
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000c40dfb
Faulting process id: 0x950
Faulting application start time: 0x01d568b37f392ab5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b49751b9038af669\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: c9077813-3343-4e52-a1c8-644918260642
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The games can run for an hour and be fine, or crash every 5 minutes. I have tried running in admin, and various other fixes I found online but nothing has worked.

Last edited:
Solution
Hey,

It could be a couple of things. Can you list your PC specs in full. Exact model mobo, Ram, PSU etc. This is important.

We can help to better diagnose knowing that.

Obviously the error message posted points to the GPU.

You can try some monitoring, using HWMon/Info (if using Info, ensure sensors are on) and let your system idle for about 20 mins. At that point take a screenshot of HWMon/info. Then load up a demanding game, and take another screenshot. Post them here. We can look at your hardware results (as they are on the fly) and that might point to something.

You've updated pretty much everything, but it also worth doing a bios update, if you haven't already. Could be that. Once you do the bios update, make sure to follow on...
Hey,

It could be a couple of things. Can you list your PC specs in full. Exact model mobo, Ram, PSU etc. This is important.

We can help to better diagnose knowing that.

Obviously the error message posted points to the GPU.

You can try some monitoring, using HWMon/Info (if using Info, ensure sensors are on) and let your system idle for about 20 mins. At that point take a screenshot of HWMon/info. Then load up a demanding game, and take another screenshot. Post them here. We can look at your hardware results (as they are on the fly) and that might point to something.

You've updated pretty much everything, but it also worth doing a bios update, if you haven't already. Could be that. Once you do the bios update, make sure to follow on with a CMOS reset (how to will be in your manual for mobo). Report back.

I'd also try cabling. If your PSU is modular/Semi, then swapping out cables is a good cause to rule out too. It's easy and cost effective. Although you may have to swing by a store to get replacements, or maybe you still have some left from the original packing with PSU?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS