[SOLVED] Intermittent Issue with Wireless Adapter

Mar 27, 2021
When I boot my computer I will see no wireless networks

I have to go to Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Disable Device
Enable Device

Then the wireless networks will show up

Periodically the Wifi connection will drop. Sometimes I can reconnect to the wireless network. Sometimes I cannot connect. I will have disable device/re-enable device in the Device Manager

The drivers are upto date

I have three Mac laptops, iPad and couple of Windows desktop in the household. They never have any problems with those devices. I presume this device is the culprit.

Make and model of Desktop: Asus K30AD_M31AD_M51AD
Make and model of motherboard: Asus K30AD_M31AD_M51AD_M32AD
Make and model of USB / PCI-E / motherboard Wifi Adapter: Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Internet Service Provider: Comcast
Wifi Router: Google Home

Any troubleshooting steps will be appreciated
Thanks

Solution
The first thing you can try and do is check to see what BIOS version you're on for your desktop's motherboard. Speaking of, which desktop version do you have? K30AD or the M31AD or the M51AD or the M32AD? You should be having a sticker on the back or the bottom of the chassis to denote the SKU you have.

On another note, can you take the side panel off and take a look at the WiFi adapter/card? I think the chip used on the PCIe is indeed by Realtek but the cards model might be that of either TP-Link or perhaps another brand, just that the wireless chip was sourced from Realtek.

The drivers for your particular card would be best found off of the people who made that card, not the chip.

See if you can manually uninstall the drivers and...

Lutfij

Titan
The first thing you can try and do is check to see what BIOS version you're on for your desktop's motherboard. Speaking of, which desktop version do you have? K30AD or the M31AD or the M51AD or the M32AD? You should be having a sticker on the back or the bottom of the chassis to denote the SKU you have.

On another note, can you take the side panel off and take a look at the WiFi adapter/card? I think the chip used on the PCIe is indeed by Realtek but the cards model might be that of either TP-Link or perhaps another brand, just that the wireless chip was sourced from Realtek.

The drivers for your particular card would be best found off of the people who made that card, not the chip.

See if you can manually uninstall the drivers and then reinstall the wireless drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: bobnathan295
Solution